Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Nah i wouldnt say that, messi didnt win a cl either since neymar left so both need each other.

Lmao. Messi has achieved far more without Neymar than Neymar without Messi. Even won 2 Ballon and a Copa out of his prime while Ney has won tinpot cups during his prime. He wasn't even playing for Brazil when they won Copa, no?

Try harder.

mssarm

The only team that is stopping PSG from winning it is City if they sign Kane. That will be arguably a stronger team overall than PSG. PSG does have quite a few older players, so they will have to rest a few of them for the bigger games.

I'm honestly over Messi staying at Barcelona. I was over it last year. I feel we should have let him go then. We just forced him to stay so he can win one shitty cup. Yet again, Bartomeu can get fucked for that.

Not sure about that. PSG turned into a galactico team and we already know it doesn?t work. Add to that Messi and Neymar who don?t track back and Messi is past his prime. I won?t bet on it but I have doubts about PSG dominating the CL.

FinBarcelonafan

how the fuck PSG can pay the salary of messi neymar mbappe di maria ramos ? They are richer than i thought.

I don't think it ever was about money but there were regulations in football. It seems they disappeared.

Imagine how high PSG wages are compared to their income?? Especially when Barca is way too high.

And not to mention how much PSG pays off the table

Slevinn

:lol: I like you man, must be the only pessimistic PSG fan in the world right now.
Funny how some people can?t see trough that BS fake humble act. He is just here to laugh at Barcelona and has insulted Messi multiple times in the past.
I bet he is 100% sure qsg will win it all now but is already making excuses just in case.

BBZ8800

Messi's only weakness is that he's not Maradona in terms of inspiring otherwise average teams. He came really, really close to a miracle in 2019, still.

When Messi has a good team with a clear way of playing, he will rip you apart. More so than any player in history ever. That's why he was SO DOMINANT in the Pep years and 14-15.

I'm confident in my prediction. You can conjure all the paradoxes you want. But Messi supported by prime Mbappe, aging Neymar, prime Verratti, aging Gini, aging Ramos, prime Marquinhos, and prime Dona /aging Navas is enough for the current competition. It wouldn't be enough when Barca/RM/Bayern had super teams in the early to mid 2010s.

He played only for 2 teams:
1. Barca
2. Argentina

At Barca, he won CLs only when the team was BY FAR the best team in the world.
He never managed to drag a team when the team was = let's say among top3 or top5 best teams.

With Argentina, who is historically one of the best teams in the world, for years we have to read alibies how they suddenly have the worst team ever in the last 15 years (while Messi is playing) and how they dropped from WC and Copa America winners to a horrible team and how Messi can't help them.

We will finally be able to test Messi more.
I think that Messi in a CL KO matches will be a good old, semi-invisible/walking/easy to neutralize Messi whch we are seeing for years at Barca's shirt on away KO matches.

But hey, let's see whether Barca was the problem or Messi himself was the problem.
Something similar as Pep with prime Barca and Pep without it.

Newcomer

how the fuck PSG can pay the salary of messi neymar mbappe di maria ramos ? They are richer than i thought.

PSG had made it leak that they will search and improve their commercial deals. Interesting to see if they will use Messi signing to find more independant sponsors or if it will be a justification to increase Qatari sponsorship thx to the added brand value of Messi.

First and foremost, keep an eye on the main sponsor. ALL contract is coming to an end soon.

Horatio

You're welcome
Nobody actually believed what he said when he left.

I think he was telling the truth at the time. he wanted to be the main-man in the team. But over the years he lost motivation and now does not give a @(#* anymore and conceded he will never be compared to Messi and better to remain in his shadow play alongside him than against him.

KingLeo10

He played only for 2 teams:
1. Barca
2. Argentina

At Barca, he won CLs only when the team was BY FAR the best team in the world.
He never managed to drag a team when the team was = let's say among top3 or top5 best teams.

With Argentina, who is historically one of the best teams in the world, for years we have to read alibies how they suddenly have the worst team ever in the last 15 years (while Messi is playing) and how they dropped from WC and Copa America winners to a horrible team and how Messi can't help them.

We will finally be able to test Messi more.
I think that Messi in a CL KO matches will be a good old, semi-invisible/walking/easy to neutralize Messi whch we are seeing for years at Barca's shirt on away KO matches.

But hey, let's see whether Barca was the problem or Messi himself was the problem.
Something similar as Pep with prime Barca and Pep without it.

Messi was a problem as he aged but he still had more to offer than his problems.

I'll let you keep cartwheeling for bums like Coutinho though. No excuses for him this season without Messi. Imma be tagging you to deliver those Ls if Coutinho keeps flopping.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lmao. Messi has achieved far more without Neymar than Neymar without Messi. Even won 2 Ballon and a Copa out of his prime while Ney has won tinpot cups during his prime. He wasn't even playing for Brazil when they won Copa, no?

it makes no sense to compare their internation careers in this case but i agree based on individual trophies messi won. Anyways, both didnt win a cl so for me both didnt really success without each other.

I told you, didn't hated PSG at all before. And if your success would have came in a pure, organic way, than i would have been glad for your club. Remember Lyon? They ere very likable team because i always felt they were so smartly run. Didn't had botomless pit of money, but they were very good and dominated France and were great in Europe. Just buying your way to success doesn't do it for me.

So you expect other teams to wait for 93 years before winning the first CL? That's hilarious and up there with the elitist attitude of United fans, that cry about the "rich teams" that keep winning titles and CLs when it wasn't their turn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans