Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

Cassano said that CR7 is not even among 5 best players of all time.

He said those are: Messi, Pele, Maradona, Cruijff, Ronaldo9.

Christian Bobo Vieri, who was interviewing Cassano, replied: agreed. Except that top5 for me are: Messi, Pele, Maradona, Van Basten and Ronaldo9.

Vieri's reply is interesting because on our forum we rarely hear Van Basten as a top5.
We usually rate footballers with more flair and trickery.

at least these guys talk for real on twitch and don't like to sugar coated. unlike that idiot pique who thinks he's in a press conference or something.

Morten

Not that uncontroversial of an opinion, some may say Cristiano is top 5, others may say he is around top 10, its an exclusive list after all.

That said, dont think Cassano has ever said anything positive about Cristiano, don't know what his deal is.

khaled_a_d

Christian Bobo Vieri, who was interviewing Cassano, replied: agreed. Except that top5 for me are: Messi, Pele, Maradona, Van Basten and Ronaldo9.

Vieri's reply is interesting because on our forum we rarely hear Van Basten as a top5.

Platini and Van Basten are two of the most underrated players in the history. Seems like many folks who watched Calcio back then rared them higher than Maradona.

Btw, always loved Vieri as a player

malvolio

just watched it and aside from vieri they all agreed that 4 places are taken by maradona, pele, messi and cruijff. and for the remaining place they debated if R9 over van basten.

anyway, hilarious how cassano was shitting on mendes. :lol:

soul24rage

Platini and Van Basten are two of the most underrated players in the history. Seems like many folks who watched Calcio back then rared them higher than Maradona.

For me, I would also add Beckenbauer to that list as well

fergus90

I was always a big Vieri fan too. Had an Inter shirt with Vieri 32 on the back!

Messigician

Big analysis from a PSG fan regarding Messi agent

Perfect point about family members should not be the agent. More often than not, there is a major conflict of interest there. It?s much better to have a professional agent who actually knows how to handle themselves, their client and club relationship and just have family members as a third party advisor if you want to involve them.

I don?t know how familiar you are with the new signings of Messi and Ramos, but both have family members as their agents (Messi?s father and Ramos? Brother).

Messi?s father over the years have developed a terrible reputation of being extremely rude and crass at the negotiating table and developed a greedy and corrupt image which later got worse during Messi?s tax evasion trial where he had put his son?s career in danger by not properly managing his sons money and engaging in illegal activities. Not to mention it?s well documented over the years that he always threatens the club to take his son to some other club if he doesn?t get the financial terms he wants including massive loyalty and agent fees and having the club pay for Pepe Costa?s salary (Messi?s personal assistant - this usually comes out of the players own pocket since the person is not security). Unfortunately it?s also a demonstration that he?s not truly a professional agent and doesn?t know how to handle player-club relationships. His actions rubbed off onto his own son?s image? and at the end of the day I?m gonna bet Barca didn?t just let go of Messi because of La Liga/FFP. I bet in part they didn?t want to deal with the father anymore either.

Ramos on the other hand, his brother as his agent, always holds off negotiations until the contract is almost run out before applying pressure to Perez and the board to provide the terms and financials they want. It used to work when Ramos was actually young or in his prime. This time around when the brother tried the same tactics, Perez let him go instead which left Ramos without a club. Kinda shows the brother as an agent seriously miscalculated and misread the room. After all, Ramos is straight up coming back from a major injury and he?s pulling these stunts?.

And Wanda and icardi?. That?s just shambolics. Now PSG will most likely have a hard time selling him for a decent price (if they are selling) due to all his baggage. Not to mention all this off field drama will probably become locker room gossip and probably make things awkward between Icardi and the rest of the players.

Gnidrologist

I can't believe you fell for the global elite propaganda against Barto. Don't be a sheep, he did nothing wrong.
You're mistaking him with another guy.

But srsly, after all his crimes against Barca and humanity, he's really still considered a realistic candidate for another run? :lol:

Windhook

Bechenbaur finished 2nd in European player of the century and 4th in FIFA player of the Century. He was fairly highly rated but is getting forgotten with time yeah.

I think it's because his role, a stopper, doesn't exist in modern football anymore. Last remnants were Pique's runs deep into midfield and attack during the 2009-2011 era.

Valdario

I've always wondered why he'd choose PSG over Man City. He's just showing his flaws even more in a system such as PSG's. He looks like an absolute flop so far if you ask me (considering his GOAT standards), because PSG doesn't play his game and their midfield is shit.

Andresito

Staff member
I've always wondered why he'd choose PSG over Man City. He's just showing his flaws even more in a system such as PSG's. He looks like an absolute flop so far if you ask me (considering his GOAT standards), because PSG doesn't play his game and their midfield is shit.

Because PSG allows him to focus on the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans