Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

he better drop a masterclass tonight, they are pushing HARD benzema for ballon d'or, rumors say that real believe he has great chance to win. Papa Perez masterclass incoming

Rassvet

It seems like sporting project is actually his last concern in the end. Amigos, money, and comfort come first if reports are true :(

KingLeo10

It seems like sporting project is actually his last concern in the end. Amigos, money, and comfort come first if reports are true :(

Yes, he should putting sporting project as his top priority in life at 34 plus years of age (basically retirement age for Xavi-Iniesta) after already scoring 750 goals and winning 10 LL, 4 CL, and 6 Ballon D'Or, just so Rassvet won't have to sleep with CR7 on his mind.

The Messi fanboys who throw a fit when Messi can't top CR7 in EVERY single category are something else. CR7 has always been more concerned with his stats and trophy count. Messi obviously cares a lot too, just not as much as CR7. If that's what you value over everything else, there's other players besides Messi to choose from.

Rassvet

Yes, he should putting sporting project as his top priority in life at 34 plus years of age (basically retirement age for Xavi-Iniesta) after already scoring 750 goals and winning 10 LL, 4 CL, and 6 Ballon D'Or, just so Rassvet won't have to sleep with CR7 on his mind.

The Messi fanboys who throw a fit when Messi can't top CR7 in EVERY single category are something else. CR7 has always been more concerned with his stats and trophy count. Messi obviously cares a lot too, just not as much as CR7. If that's what you value over everything else, there's other players besides Messi to choose from.

Then he lied to us. Plain and simple

“I looked further afield and I want to compete at the highest level, win titles, compete in the Champions League. You can win or lose in it, because it is very difficult, but you have to compete. At least compete in it and let us not fall apart in Rome, Liverpool, Lisbon. All that led me to think about the decision

"When Cristiano Ronaldo pulled level with me, I'll admit that it hurt a little as I was no longer alone at the top. But, at that moment he deserved the Ballon d'Or and I couldn't do much more about it.”

KingLeo10

Then he lied to us. Plain and simple

?I looked further afield and I want to compete at the highest level, win titles, compete in the Champions League. You can win or lose in it, because it is very difficult, but you have to compete. At least compete in it and let us not fall apart in Rome, Liverpool, Lisbon. All that led me to think about the decision?

"When Cristiano Ronaldo pulled level with me, I'll admit that it hurt a little as I was no longer alone at the top. But, at that moment he deserved the Ballon d'Or and I couldn't do much more about it.

"I understand why I didn't win, as we hadn't won the UEFA Champions League and winning that competition gives you a better chance of winning the Ballon d'Or.

Well, yes, he lied to us if it's proven that he had 0 sporting ambition or that it was the last.

So far, he's on a much more competitive team for CL than current Barca so that's not really holding up, is it? It just so happens that his amigos and cash were there too. Looks to me like he got all 3.

It's just funny that you, who were saying you would denounce Messi if he stayed at Barca, are now suddenly peddling this narrative after he actually left us :lol: What do you want, dawg? A saint? There are no saints in sports.

Rassvet

Well, yes, he lied to us if it's proven that he had 0 sporting ambition or that it was the last.

So far, he's on a much more competitive team for CL than current Barca so that's not really holding up, is it? It just so happens that his amigos and cash were there too. Looks to me like he got all 3.

It's just funny that you, who were saying you would denounce Messi if he stayed at Barca, are now suddenly peddling this narrative after he actually left us :lol: What do you want, dawg? A saint? There are no saints in sports.

He got there in the end but only because he was forced into it and potentially for the wrong reasons :neymar:

KingLeo10

He got there in the end but only because he was forced into it and potentially for the wrong reasons :neymar:

Re Ney: You were the one trying to hand me "Ls" when I called Neymar an under-performer in CL a few months ago (last spring?) :lol:

Re the other bit: People who want to renew don't let their contracts run out prior to renewal talks. My read on the situation (which of course could be wrong) is that Laporta wanted to get rid of him to free his wages, while Messi wanted to leave as well because he wanted a better chance at CL (and probably got better money at QSG ).

Rassvet

Re Ney: You were the one trying to hand me "Ls" when I called Neymar an under-performer in CL a few months ago (last spring?) :lol:

Re the other bit: People who want to renew don't let their contracts run out prior to renewal talks. My read on the situation (which of course could be wrong) is that Laporta wanted to get rid of him to free his wages, while Messi wanted to leave as well because he wanted a better chance at CL.

That's what I hoped/thought but it seems more and more like he wanted to stay until Laporta dropped the bombshell that it would require a big paycut from the deal they agreed

KingLeo10

That's what I hoped/thought but it seems more and more like he wanted to stay until Laporta dropped the bombshell that it would require a big paycut from the deal they agreed

If money was his primary objective, wouldn't he try to secure it early rather than be out of a contract where others could potentially offer less?

Rassvet

If money was his primary objective, wouldn't be try to secure it early rather than be out of a contract where others could potentially offer less?

I don't think money was his main priority but one of them alongside amigos/comfort and to a lesser extent winning.

KingLeo10

I don't think money was his main priority but one of them alongside amigos/comfort and to a lesser extent winning.

Well you're free to think that. I think he orchestrated a situation where he got all 3.

Really, the only reason to be upset about this is if you wanted Messi to remain a Totti type figure. For the bragging rights of "one club man", which IMO has little place in modern football - Totti was able to do it because he was at Roma with no CL/Serie A expectations - Xavi and Iniesta couldn't do it (well they kinda did but they didn't fully retire) because they played at Barca where LL/CL are expected.

Messi was not worth 150 M a season for us at 34 years of age <- Barca wins

Messi was getting nowhere close to CL with bums like Roberto, Alba, MATS, Pique, Garcia, and current Busquets <- Messi wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans