Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Honestly speaking despite Ronaldo being a walking deadwood for quite some time, he does look sharper and more decisive when it comes to goal scoring opportunities. Messi just can't find his role, now that his pace and athletic abilities are on decline.

CR7 plays a lot closer to goal than Messi and has for about 7 years now. He's increasingly become a "striker"/box presence while Messi has increasingly moved away from the goal (away from False 9 and RW).

It's what it is.

malvolio

"I love him too much to be angry," Laporta said of Messi during an interview with RAC1. "But there comes a time when you see that things just cannot happen, and there was disappointment on both sides.

"There was a desire for him to stay, but pressure because of the offer he had. He knew that he'd go to PSG if he didn't stay.

"He'll go down as the best player in the history of Barcelona and I want that to be preserved. Everything indicates that he had the PSG offer before leaving Barcelona. We knew he had a big offer.

"When it came to making the decision, I thought I was doing the best thing for Barcelona. I hoped there would be a change and that he'd say he'd play for free, but we cannot expect a player of his level to do that.

"We have a very good relationship. I knew that if we recovered financially we would compensate him, but we couldn't make demands knowing the offer he had in Paris."

Source | https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/10/08/616009b946163f66928b45b0.html

So now he's shifting the blame on Messi? :lol:

malvolio

Why has anyone to be at fault? Both sides made reasonable choices.

Laporta could have kept his mouth shut and moved on. But by saying that he expected Messi to offer himself for free he shifts the blame on the Argentinian.

He also basically calls Messi a liar by alluding to the fact he always had the PSG offer on standby.

And all this happened after Tebas came out saying that we could have kept Messi.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Saying he could have expected Messi to stay for free is strange and no real need for it when both have moved on.

Puts Laporta in worse light than Messi if the plan was just to hope Messi would sign for free which would never happen and rightfully so.

Fairly obvious Messi and his team would have been aware of what PSG could offer though. That is not anything ground breaking.

Hardy

not a good day for Leo, I saw the leaked list of ballon d'or nominations, seems like they didn't give a damn about copa america since only 2 players from argentina got the nomination (Messi and Lautaro), not even di maria is on the list. I'm less confident now

Rassvet

not a good day for Leo, I saw the leaked list of ballon d'or nominations, seems like they didn't give a damn about copa america since only 2 players from argentina got the nomination (Messi and Lautaro), not even di maria is on the list. I'm less confident now

sad troll attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans