Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

psg fanbois lmao

pretending they follow barca, a historic club with long standing traditions, but really ready to simp for dirty oil money or any other horror if it is associated with messi lmao

0 principles
100% psg fans
only sometimes barca fans (until ~2021)

Truth

Andresito

Staff member
Iniesta said it best.
"It was not necessary for Messi to win the World Cup to admit that he is the best. With or without the World Cup, he is the best. Those who didn't admit that will continue to look for new excuses now that Leo won the World Cup."

Iniesta Ultra

Cristiano is nowhere to be seen since his tears after Morocco.

This is louder than words and others speaking in his defense make it look even worse.

He went to RM's training facility to "train by himself" in reality a desperate publicity stunt, news today he's going for medical at Al-Nassr. It's really his only option now since he doesn't have confidence in his own ability anymore, rightfully so obviously, so taking a big pay cut to play in Europe he'd lose both money and reputation. Going to Saudi he can disappear into obscurity where no real football fan will witness his Ferret-level decline.

Nazario1985

Love the symbolism of that black thingy he's wearing.

It will always signify how the dark shady forces of Qatar and Fifa helped him finally get a WC clearly favouring him in every single knockout game.

That clothing serves as the black asterisk that will always be alongside this World Cup.

This World Cup was truly the black sheep of World Cups. Fitting that it was a winter World Cup and the predecided winner of the tournament is wearing a local traditional clothing signifying the real forces behind this staged "triumph".....:lol:

Calma and go cope in the dark corner you're at.

Meanwhile the goat is doing his goat things.

Birdy

You have Bayern fans following what Lewy does at Barca. You had Man Utd fans following how Ronaldo did in Madrid and Juve quite closely and heck you even have Juve fan still talking about and discussing Dybala at Roma.

These guys are not even half of the legendary status Messi has at Barca being the club's greatest player ever, by far.

You also have the local Barcelona media often reporting about Messi, you have Barca fans, socis and non-socis locally and around the world following how Messi does or talking about him, you even have the club's social accounts still posting Messi clips and what not from time to time here. Don't even forget former players and legends and even our loudmouth club president who cannot keep his name out of his mouth.

Yet a few individuals here want to make people shut up about Messi with these nonsensical arguments about how you're not a proper or real Barca fan if you make some posts in the thread of the GOAT.

I am sure no Bayern fan currently watches Barca to see Lewa, same with Juve fans and Dybala
Now about Ronaldo, yes, there were these fans but they were never UTD fans as you say, but only Ronaldo fans and they are as cancerous and toxic as the Messi fans you pretend to not exist in this forum

Whoever on official Barca media posts clips of Messi on a PSG shirt should be fired on the spot. It's promoting a player that plays for QSG, it's promoting their shitty club at the end

As for being a Barca legend, didn't see anyone here spending even 1% of the energy and writing spent of Messi trying to statpad while wearing a Qatari jersey
to comment about Xavi when he was playing in Qatar, about Iniesta playing in Japan, about Etoo when at Inter, about Ronaldinho at Milan, about Rivaldo at Milan.
Go as far back in time as you like, the best you could find was an occasional short chat every few months for any legend of the past.

So it's not that he is a legend, go sell that crap elsewhere

All the rest is fluffy crap for your echo chamber who thinks the whole world revolves around Messi Ronaldo and this stupid debate
No, I for instance don't give a flying shit about it, I couldn't care less for either

Andresito

Staff member
I am sure no Bayern fan currently watches Barca to see Lewa, same with Juve fans and Dybala
Now about Ronaldo, yes, there were these fans but they were never UTD fans as you say, but only Ronaldo fans and they are as cancerous and toxic as the Messi fans you pretend to not exist in this forum

Whoever on official Barca media posts clips of Messi on a PSG shirt should be fired on the spot. It's promoting a player that plays for QSG, it's promoting their shitty club at the end

As for being a Barca legend, didn't see anyone here spending even 1% of the energy and writing spent of Messi trying to statpad while wearing a Qatari jersey
to comment about Xavi when he was playing in Qatar, about Iniesta playing in Japan, about Etoo when at Inter, about Ronaldinho at Milan, about Rivaldo at Milan.
Go as far back in time as you like, the best you could find was an occasional short chat every few months for any legend of the past.

So it's not that he is a legend, go sell that crap elsewhere

All the rest is fluffy crap for your echo chamber who thinks the whole world revolves around Messi Ronaldo and this stupid debate
No, I for instance don't give a flying shit about it, I couldn't care less for either

Some difference though. Messi was at the club for 20+ years, the biggest legend of the club and he's still going strong competing for the biggest titles. Compare this to Xavi/Iniesta who semi retired when leaving, or Lewy/Dybala/CR who aren't even close to being the club legend Messi is. In fact no one can compare to him, not from Barca, not from any other club. He's unique in the sense that he served one club for the majority of his life, in addition to being the best player to have ever played the sport. Of course most (real) Barca fans still feel affection for him and want him to do well. The issue would be if PSG played Barca and people wished for Messi would go through. I can't say for sure but I believe nobody in here would actually want that.

I haven't seen Barca social media post pics of Messi at PSG, have you?

malvolio

Is Dybala even a legend for Juve? :lol:

This Birdy lad went off the rails after Messi sodomized his theories by winning the WC.

Ronaldinho/Rivaldo/Eto'o are in no way comparable to Messi as Barca legends. They have their rightful place as legends for this club, but below Messi.

And when they left they also half retired at Milan or went to play as fullback for Mourinho's Inter. Who the fuck tunes in to see that? Messi can be viewed day and night as he still produces magic in every game he plays.

Birdy

Some difference though. Messi was at the club for 20+ years, the biggest legend of the club and he's still going strong competing for the biggest titles. Compare this to Xavi/Iniesta who semi retired when leaving, or Lewy/Dybala/CR who aren't even close to being the club legend Messi is. In fact no one can compare to him, not from Barca, not from any other club. He's unique in the sense that he served one club for the majority of his life, in addition to being the best player to have ever played the sport. Of course most (real) Barca fans still feel affection for him and want him to do well. The issue would be if PSG played Barca and people wished for Messi would go through. I can't say for sure but I believe nobody in here would actually want that.

I haven't seen Barca social media post pics of Messi at PSG, have you?

I haven't, but DonAK said that Barca media report about Messi. I am wondering: do they show what he currently does with PSG?
If yes, they should get fired on the spot

Are you sure about the bolded part? I can think of at least 4-5 people in here who would cheer for PSG if we played them

About Messi's status, that's not a good enough excuse IMO
Xavi and Iniesta played here all their lives, Eto and Ronalindho went to competitive sides. But people didn't follow them much.
You can always construct the profile of a legend that only Messi fits and say 'this is the reason' but I don't buy that at all

The reason is the new trend in football fans to become fans of players and not of clubs, you can see it becoming dominant in younger ages, but it already exists within people of our generation precisely because of the Messi-Ronaldo toxic debate, which brought the worst out of everyone.
Look how many pages are being filled up every day on the Ronaldo thread talking about what his sister posts FFS
Look at the endless discussions about criteria of deciding the GOAT, ranking of the greatest players of all times, etc
That's again symptom of the same disease

That's why people would want Messi to win CL again, not caring what shirt he wears, as they only want him to pad his career stats a bit more

Andresito

Staff member
I haven't, but DonAK said that Barca media report about Messi. I am wondering: do they show what he currently does with PSG?
If yes, they should get fired on the spot

Are you sure about the bolded part? I can think of at least 4-5 people in here who would cheer for PSG if we played them

About Messi's status, that's not a good enough excuse IMO
Xavi and Iniesta played here all their lives, Eto and Ronalindho went to competitive sides. But people didn't follow them much.
You can always construct the profile of a legend that only Messi fits and say 'this is the reason' but I don't buy that at all

The reason is the new trend in football fans to become fans of players and not of clubs, you can see it becoming dominant in younger ages, but it already exists within people of our generation precisely because of the Messi-Ronaldo toxic debate, which brought the worst out of everyone.
Look how many pages are being filled up every day on the Ronaldo thread talking about what his sister posts FFS
Look at the endless discussions about criteria of deciding the GOAT, ranking of the greatest players of all times, etc
That's again symptom of the same disease

That's why people would want Messi to win CL again, not caring what shirt he wears, as they only want him to pad his career stats a bit more

No they don't do that. If they post anything it's Argentina or Barca shirt.

I very much doubt people would cheer for PSG in a game vs Barca. Feel free to call them out.

I would personally follow Xavi and Iniesta if they had gone to good sides in Europe. But they both went to Asia lol. Why would anyone want to watch that? People still kept track of how they were/are doing there. But the fact is they left there to retire, Messi left to keep going and I don't even watch PSG more than 2-3 times per month, CL included. Huge difference.

It's weird to me that you're willing to die on this hill. Half assed excuse after excuse to shit on Messi and people. Iniesta quote posted above fits perfectly.

jamrock

I'm pretty sure most here don't even watch PSG games outside of a few CL games, I know I don't.

Most here aren't temp, following lewa to which ever club he plays for to the point of joining a Barcelona related forum.

If Barcelona can't win the CL, I certainly don't want Real, Bayern or any epl team to win, nor would I want PSG, but Messi's their so it's the lesser of all the evils.

Birdy

It's weird to me that you're willing to die on this hill. Half assed excuse after excuse to shit on Messi and people. Iniesta quote posted above fits perfectly.

Iniesta quote is about the debate which I am not entering at all.
That debate is part of the problem. That's what I explained in my previous post

KingLeo10

Birdy has some good football takes, but like a few others here, he is simply incapable of accepting an L when there is one to be accepted gracefully

The man professes to believe in scientific rigor/impassioned objectivity etc. and routinely and unironically attributes RM's CL dominance of the 2010s to voodoo and black magic :lol:

The man has spent the last 3-4 years trying to convince everyone Messi is a washed up bum who is a detriment to all teams, including 2022 Argentina. The same 2022 Argentina who were routinely backed by fivethirtyeight (a pioneering data science/analytics website) to be the deserving champions and who Birdy routinely uses in his arguments for teams (but conveniently only when fivethirtyeight's assessment matches with his preconceived notions)

Any opinions to the contrary are labeled trolling or delusional (dude call me a delusional or troll when I said Argentina were among the contender for the 2022 WC :lol:)

Having been through academia previously: He's one of those who considers himself the smartest man in the room/ someone privy to some higher understanding on matters simply because he was trained in scientific methodology. Meanwhile, actual geniuses over the years (Einstein, Feynman, Bohr etc.) have all routinely emphasized that they key to scientific exercise/endeavor is to not be as absolutely sure about things as you think you are.

TL;DR: Don't pay him much attention in THIS thread.

Temptation

There's a difference.

I don't secretly wish for Barca to win because RL9 plays for them(actually the opposite). Just watch the games which RL9 plays if I can.

And I'm an LFC fan. There's never any conflict of interest. LFC always comes first in every situation. Not a glorthunter who latched on to the Barcelona bandwagon in their golden age when they were winning everything playing tiki taka. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans