Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Out of the things I expected of him at this world cup , never in my dreams would I have expected him to be so clutch at penalties , like holly fuck what was that.

the goal scoring GOAT
top real madrid scorer
top CL scorer
top CL KOs scorer
top EURO scorer
joint top and soon sole top international scorer

:worthy:

oh and, as a bonus: reliably scores the penalties his teams need him to.

He reads Barcaforums and he saved the best for OG.

5 out of 5 penalties in WC QFs, SF, and final won't be repeated lol. Think he has the record for most PKs scored in WC KOs without missing at 6. Next highest is ZZ at 4 without missing :lol:

Sailor Mars

Silenced all his critics.

Is there any real argument for him not being the GOAT?

I know there are some extremely casual sports fans, who really only watch the sport during the World Cup, who still go with Pele mostly because of 3 WCs (despite him being injured for the 2nd one).

Can't imagine ever seeing a talent like Messi again.

Givenchy

Still can't believe he actually did it.. felt as if he was just not destined to win a World Cup.

He performed great even in the lower moments and his head didn't drop, we finally got to see what we all knew he was capable of and at 35 as well! I'm most impressed by his leadership and bottle though at this tournament. That was one criticism I had of him in the last WCs, always felt like the Argentina Messi didn't leave everything on the pitch and it seems many Argies felt the same.. so to see the love they are showing him now has been beautiful throughout.

He wasn't the leader type and penalties were his bane but now? He's led a NATION to World Cup victory and he's actually pretty good at pens now also :lol:

A fairy tale ending for the master, the GOAT.

KingLeo10

x0s4xcfk4r6a1.jpg

Even other GOATs know who sits at the top of the GOAT pyramid

Messigician

Not sure, they've all been playing at a high level, Modric finished 3rd at the world cup and won the champions league, saying that Benzema hasn't been half bad and he's pushing 35 too. Messi has been great at the world cup but his PSG form hasn't been at the same level.

KingLeo10

CR7 is competing with Di Stefano, Beckenbauer, Cruyff for the top 4-7 spots now.

I'm keen to see Mbappe surpass him with a couple of CLs and a Euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans