Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Temptation

Damn this decade has been a nightmare for CR7 fans. :lol:

I remember around 2018, the narrative changed and many neutrals started picking CR7 as the GOAT after the 3peat and his clutch reputation at it's highest.

It remained stable till 2020 and people gradually started acknowledging that both are ageing and declining(and rightly so; they did decline).

2021 arrived; Messi wins the Copa America he should have won long long back. The narrative is still relatively stable because winning Euros with Portugal is a much much bigger achievement. But what it did was catalyse this Argie team. Messi finally gets the monkey off his back.

Then comes the climax, the year 2022. The World Cup. The Biggest Stage in Football. The one that writes history and cements legacies. We know what happened(regardless of the manner it happened in). Anyways, the narrative changed.

Most neutrals will pick Messi now after the World Cup. And he does have the complete CV now. Messi hasn't been anywhere near his best in this decade but this decade is the most important decade of his career. The one where he got rid of the national team curse and finally lifted the biggest trophy of all.

I have always preferred CR7 over Messi but this decade has been a nightmare for CR7 fans and a fucking dream for Messi fans.

Andresito

Staff member
Messi has been a GOAT candidate since 2011, with that Wenger quote. The titles aren't what makes him the GOAT and certainly wasn't the reason back then when the GOAT talk was in its early days. It's how he was totally dominant on the pitch: in the middle, outside the box, inside the box. Man could do it all and improved every single player around him. The 91 goals in a year will probably never be broken.

The titles are just for fanboys to brag about. Eye test, stats or titles, Messi wins all three. Other than Ronaldo fanboys there really hasn't been much of a contest, would say it's 90-10 Messi in terms of who people consider the biggest GOAT between them.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi has been a GOAT candidate since 2011, with that Wenger quote. The titles aren't what makes him the GOAT and certainly wasn't the reason back then when the GOAT talk was in its early days. It's how he was totally dominant on the pitch: in the middle, outside the box, inside the box. Man could do it all and improved every single player around him. The 91 goals in a year will probably never be broken.

The titles are just for fanboys to brag about. Eye test, stats or titles, Messi wins all three. Other than Ronaldo fanboys there really hasn't been much of a contest, would say it's 90-10 Messi in terms of who people consider the biggest GOAT between them.
Damn…destroyed him

khaled_a_d

But why? 2023 isn't a world cup year, Messi and Mbappe has done nothing of note in the calendar year of 2023.

Also, 4 forwards is ridiculous.

FIFA pro always had weird things with the selections. it is like some players vote based on their favourite FIFA team

KingLeo10

Was just passing through Redcafe to see the meltdown over the GOAT and guess who I spot seething :

In case it's not apparent who it is: :mou:

Bonus (twerking for Pool and referring to them as "they" so he won't get banned, the rat):

I'm tired of destroying this fool, Robbie :lol: :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Was just passing through Redcafe to see the meltdown over the GOAT and guess who I spot seething :

In case it's not apparent who it is: :mou:

Bonus (twerking for Pool and referring to them as "they" so he won't get banned, the rat):

I'm tired of destroying this fool, Robbie :lol: :lol:

Dude redcafe things doesnt belong here :pique:

also you liking andresito's comment makes no sense as you always emphasize the WC when it comes to GOAT debate, you should not like every pro-Messi post if its not your opinion

Last edited:

Temptation

Dude redcafe things doesnt belong here :pique:

also you liking andresito's comment makes no sense as you always emphasize the WC when it comes to GOAT debate, you should not like every pro-Messi post if its not your opinion
Following me around to another forum like a pet dog isn't the flex this skank thinks it is. :lol:

All he proved with his digging is that my opinions remain the same regardless. What a discovery! 👏

"Destroyed" me just like he "predicted" I would talk about Mourinho's Chelsea in a thread that had that option in the poll. :lol:

Like I said, this obsessive stalker won't last a day outside this echo chamber. This gormless fuck thinks he achieved something great with this haha.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Following me around to another forum like a pet dog isn't the flex this skank thinks it is. :lol:

All he proved with his digging is that my opinions remain the same regardless. What a discovery! 👏

"Destroyed" me just like he "predicted" I would talk about Mourinho's Chelsea in a thread that had that option in the poll. :lol:

Like I said, this obsessive stalker won't last a day outside this echo chamber. This gormless fuck thinks he achieved something great with this haha.

Deep in his heart he loves you :pique:

Temptation

Deep in his heart he loves you :pique:
Well, considering the fact that more than half of his posts this decade starts with ":lol: Temp" or "lil Temp" it's clearly some sort of creepy obsession.

Clearly lacks self awareness and thinks he's spouting some sort of gospel truth just because some posters and mods in his group encourage him and shut down differing viewpoints. Pitiful.

Home of Barca Fans