Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

KingLeo10

You know...by the time WC 2026 rolls around, he'll be current CR7's age....

I don't see why he can't play a supporting role, especially if he continues to take it easy and rest. The main detriment with age is recovery and strain, and after that little injury spell/rest he looks fit and sharp and agile (obviously not anywhere near his prime but for 36 year old Messi).

Very interesting couple of years ahead. I more and more suspect he'll play WC 26 lol

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It’s a travesty he won’t be playing club football until February. He’s still got so much to give.

Beckham style loan back to Europe required.
He's earned some motherfucking rest after playing every month and every summer for years. Honestly look forward to seeing him play after a proper rest. I think his legs still have a burst of pace

Andresito

Staff member
You know...by the time WC 2026 rolls around, he'll be current CR7's age....

I don't see why he can't play a supporting role, especially if he continues to take it easy and rest. The main detriment with age is recovery and strain, and after that little injury spell/rest he looks fit and sharp and agile (obviously not anywhere near his prime but for 36 year old Messi).

Very interesting couple of years ahead. I more and more suspect he'll play WC 26 lol
A lot can happen in 2.5 years though. 2.5 years ago he was still playing for Barca.

Don't think these few competitive Argentina games will keep him up to speed while strolling MLS. Think his level will drop significantly in 2024.
But we shall see.

Nazario1985

It’s a travesty he won’t be playing club football until February. He’s still got so much to give.

Beckham style loan back to Europe required.

He had a very packed schedule for over a year nice time to rest as no one cares about the football in January (nothing important at club level).
The best thing to avoid at his age is a nasty injury.

Nazario1985

A lot can happen in 2.5 years though. 2.5 years ago he was still playing for Barca.

Don't think these few competitive Argentina games will keep him up to speed while strolling MLS. Think his level will drop significantly in 2024.
But we shall see.

He was never that type of player to begin with : training hard / up to speed / ... etc

Which might give him advantage when he will be 38+

His biggest problem is : Motivation

Home of Barca Fans