Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Rory

Lewa waited for Barca
Kounde waited for Barca
Xavi said it's Messi's decision if he wants to return to Barca

Do you really think we can't sell a couple of players until August?

Nonsense
We sent formal offers for those players didn't we?

I don't think we have enough players that we want to sell and that we can sell for good money to raise the funds for the transfers we need and then enough left over for Messi. Nonsense thinking otherwise.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
OK, we get that he didn't want to wait.

But it's important to have a correct translation of that part of his interview.
These are 2 different things:
1) “I saw that FC Barcelona had to sell players because of me and i didn't want that.”
2) "What were they going to say about me if they had to sell players or things like that for my signing."

Which one did he say?

Neither it seems.

He said that in order for them to give him a formal offer and be able to register him they had to sell players and do other stuff and that he did not want to sit around and wait for all of it to transpire after what happened the last time where he ended up having to move his family elsewhere late and pull his kids out of school.

Messigician

Neither it seems.

He said that in order for them to give him a formal offer and be able to register him they had to sell players and do other stuff and that he did not want to sit around and wait for all of it to transpire after what happened the last time where he ended up having to move his family elsewhere late and pull his kids out of school.
Mf he's the one who wanted to leave In the first place lmfao

malvolio

Neither it seems.

Birdy hasn't touched a real woman. Yet you talk to him about kids. :lol:

Messigician

Do you think Barça did everything possible to sign you?

Messi: "I don't know. I knew what I was talking about with Xavi... They got permission from the league to be able to do it. But I tell you, it wasn't just that. There were many things missing. Like my salary and agent's commission"

AND THERE IT IS

peace

suckabov

Lemon curry?
People getting mad for no reason. Ironically most of them are the ones who did not want us to sign him in the first place.

Not sure about the second part but I think a lot of people wouldn't be as disappointed as they are if they could have spared us the media circus. I got over Messi leaving 1.5 years ago and found myself excited against my will or better judgment this week, only to now be pissed off again. The way this was handled, by everyone including Xavi, was unnecessary and silly.

Gotta say though, Messi seems like a level-headed and genuinely family-oriented person. Good for him.

Rory

Do you think Barça did everything possible to sign you?

Messi: "I don't know. I knew what I was talking about with Xavi... They got permission from the league to be able to do it. But I tell you, it wasn't just that. There were many things missing. Like my salary and agent's commission"

AND THERE IT IS

peace
Where's he said that then :LOL:

Messigician

🚨🚨 Leo Messi: “I'm not sure if Barça did everything possible to make it happen, honestly; I just know what Xavi told me. I'm sure that there's people into the club that does NOT want me to return to Barça.”

Alemany?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Honestly I think this entire situation can be summed up like this:

- They have been negotiating with Miami since at the very least november last year as Ornstein broke the news then and this kind of deal is complex and takes months to negotiate and complete
- Once he got news about Barcelona being an option he likely prioritized that, but wanted it to be sorted out early this summer to avoid being in the same situation as in 2020, both for his own sake and his family.
- Barca first said La Liga would approve the viability plan in early may, which is on public record, but it kept being pushed later and later.
- While the viability plan is approved, we still need sales or to cut down our salary mass considerable to be able to operate 1:1 and register players accordingly. Sales can take time considering teams know we desperately want to get of certain players
- He simply did not want to wait for his own reasons and that is fine.

Messigician

Messi: "On the one hand, there was an ugly feeling with Barça. I had been the bad guy in the movie and I didn't like that.

Rory

Honestly I think this entire situation can be summed up like this:

- They have been negotiating with Miami since at the very least november last year as Ornstein broke the news then and this kind of deal is complex and takes months to negotiate and complete
- Once he got news about Barcelona being an option he likely prioritized that, but wanted it to be sorted out early this summer to avoid being in the same situation as in 2020, both for his own sake and his family.
- Barca first said La Liga would approve the viability plan in early may, which is on public record, but it kept being pushed later and later.
- While the viability plan is approved, we still need sales or to cut down our salary mass considerable to be able to operate 1:1 and register players accordingly. Sales can take time considering teams know we desperately want to get of certain players
- He simply did not want to wait for his own reasons and that is fine.
Pretty much. I think gician is just a bit triggered it's all resolved so early. Summer plans of posting nonsense in the Messi thread are all over

Messigician

Messi; "When my family get involved with my family and people start talking about things they don't know about, it bothers me a bit and more than anything else, that they talk and lie."

Home of Barca Fans