Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Windhook

Numerous times Leo mentioned it's his dream to play for Newell' Old Boys and he will deliver it, I'm convinced. Messi had the Captain Tsubasa career and it's all fully deserved.

soul24rage

It's time GOAT.

Another big trophy this summer. Uruguay will be very tough to beat. Brazil too, to a lesser extent.
Uruguay will probably be the most difficult team to face, but I'm confident in the Arg. National team to win and I'm sure that Scaloni learned a lot from the defeat.

It was mostly a bad day from the players and an individual defensive mistake that started the defeat.

malvolio

In Inter Miami's case those are meaningless friendlies that are played for money with the aim of sportswashing. "Veal parmesan sandwich, fuck youuu".
You must really be itching to use Sopranos quotes in every one of your posts. :lol:

Can't blame you, they're all genius. I had countless rewatches of the show and it still doesn't get old or boring to me.

Andresito

Staff member
Underrate season. He scored a lot of golazos that season.

I have like 0 direct memories from that season, still he scored some goals, had nice dribbles, good passes that would be in other players' all time highlight reel. :lol:

That's the thing with Messi, he provided so much joy just by playing. Won't ever see a more consistent player. CL as main man in 2009, WC in 2022. Show me a player that won two major trophies 13 fucking years apart when being by far the best player in those teams.

Pure football. Just watch the guy and enjoy the show.

KingLeo10

I have like 0 direct memories from that season, still he scored some goals, had nice dribbles, good passes that would be in other players' all time highlight reel. :lol:

That's the thing with Messi, he provided so much joy just by playing. Won't ever see a more consistent player. CL as main man in 2009, WC in 2022. Show me a player that won two major trophies 13 fucking years apart when being by far the best player in those teams.

Pure football. Just watch the guy and enjoy the show.

Good post. I posted something very similar in the aftermath of the WC.

As a testament to his longevity at the top level, look at the time between first major cup win and last major cup win, as a main man in the team

Messi: 2009 CL, 2022 WC - 13.5 years
Pele: 1958 WC, 1970 WC - 12 years
CR7: 2008 CL, 2018 CL - 10 years
ZZ: 1998 WC, 2002 CL - 4 years
Beckenbauer: 1972 Euro, 1976 CL - 4 years
Maradona: 1986 WC, 1989 UEFA cup - 3 years
Cruyff: 1971 CL, 1973 CL - 2 years

R9 isn't even eligible for this list as he only has 1 major cup win (2002 WC)

Insane longevity.

The GOAT clears everyone, as usual. If he can add a Copa America this summer (presumably he would be the driving force of the team), time to update that to 15 years :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans