Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

JohnN

Argentina solved it nicely. Messi with little defensive duties (although he did fall back with the team when defending unlike lewa) and Alvarez pressed for 1.5 players.

Haraldinho

If you put Messi below CR7 it reveals a severe lack of football understanding. Which is not wrong but could exist. It's like saying Einstein is below Bogdanov brothers.

Haraldinho

How can you be the goat with only goals in Saudia ? Euro won poorly Thanks to Eder ? Zéro KO goals in WC ?

OK top scorer in champions and 5 titles but Benzema has 5 CL as well.

He is just a striker. The other is playmaker and striker.

Just the way they control the ball and make the pass is enough to evidence. Messi is more complete player without doing 1000 squats or jumping 3 m. It's factual. No hate at all.

JustZanetti4

How can you be the goat with only goals in Saudia ? Euro won poorly Thanks to Eder ? Zéro KO goals in WC ?

OK top scorer in champions and 5 titles but Benzema has 5 CL as well.

He is just a striker. The other is playmaker and striker.

Just the way they control the ball and make the pass is enough to evidence. Messi is more complete player without doing 1000 squats or jumping 3 m. It's factual. No hate at all.
For me BOAT is ability/peak (Messi by far) and GOAT is achievements (Ronaldo 5 UCL, 3main leagues and top scorer plus euro)

World cup (for me) is literally the thing that edges the GREATEST of all time to Messi. Hence I voted B in the poll above.

Haraldinho

Messi is still behind Maradona and Pele IMO. After him we still have R9 R10 Zidane and may be CR7.
We have two kind of players. Genius and great worker. Great worker can win more trophy than genius. Look at R10 just with one ball control brought us smile. I dont think a tap in goal give us deep emotion.

Before CR7 I did not remember seeing this kind of bad faith between two players. Zidane was not contested R9 as well. Figo was a bit behind Zidane but no massive hate campaign led by some toxic fans.

JustZanetti4

Messi is still behind Maradona and Pele IMO. After him we still have R9 R10 Zidane and may be CR7.
We have two kind of players. Genius and great worker. Great worker can win more trophy than genius. Look at R10 just with one ball control brought us smile. I dont think a tap in goal give us deep emotion.

Before CR7 I did not remember seeing this kind of bad faith between two players. Zidane was not contested R9 as well. Figo was a bit behind Zidane but no massive hate campaign led by some toxic fans.
Messi sealed it in 2007 with getafe goal and hattrick vs greatest club in history at 19.

Home of Barca Fans