Lionel Messi - v7

khaled_a_d

Was the La Liga cap confirmed after the reached agreement with the club? If no, they fully knew that the contract won't pass the regulations but still acted as if it was a successful agreement?

He already said they were hopeful liga will give them flexibility, but it isn't excuse as they kbew the rule.
Laporta never said it was done deal, it was always they are hoping to finalize it which at the end wasn't possible

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why people still acting like Guillem knows anything :lol:

He doesn't know much, but Laporta pretty much himself said they had agreed to renew today and Jorge Messi obviously traveled and met them to formalize the contract.

Sounds like Laporta knew this was impossible for some time, but kept on waiting and waiting in hope something would turn up without properly informing Messi about the situation.

malvolio

from what laporta said today i think this was his plan all along. he wants to start a new era and stamp his legacy as president. messi was getting in the way with his huge contract.

that way laporta can blame it on barto/tebas and rebuild the squad as he likes. he'll surely go for a superstar next season.

id even bet that our finances will come out not as bad as made out today. we'll find money next summer for haaland or the likes.

Last edited:

Messigician

from what laporta said today i think this was his plan all along. he wants to start a new era and stamp his legacy as president. messi was getting in the way with his huge contract.

that way laporta can blame it on barto/tebas and rebuild the squad as he likes. he'll surely go for a superstar next season.

This

Gari

id even bet that our finances will come out not as bad as made out today. we'll find money next summer for haaland or the likes.
It seems so. He began to consider Messi a burden. And there were reasons.

Home of Barca Fans