Lionel Messi - v7

Batistuta9

Messi will never have legendary folklore better than Pele (3 world cups), heck, not even maradona. hence history will never consider him the GOAT unless he wins the WC

yes, he might be the better player, but he won't be remembered as the GOAT

You guys shouldn't worry too much about his legacy. It will be intact as long our generation are alive. Honestly, the only people that rate Pele, are the ones from his generation or people that don't know anything about football.

Loads of people these days say pele wouldn't be anything special now, football has moved on etc. I'm sure the generation 50 years from now will be saying the same about Messi, unless covid has wiped out the world's population by then of course.

malvolio

Like who? Most analysts I've heard unanimously put him above CR7, but in GOAT discussions there will always be arguments when comparing him to Maradona and Pele. There are valid arguments that those two have better achievements than him.

There will always be arguments that you're a Real Madrid fan, doesn't mean you're anything more than a Messi hater. Stop watching cartoon network.

Mitchell1978

Like who? Most analysts I've heard unanimously put him above CR7, but in GOAT discussions there will always be arguments when comparing him to Maradona and Pele. There are valid arguments that those two have better achievements than him.

Most lists, rankings i've seen the last couple of years have him above those 2.

Xaviniesta

He is obviouisly not the main culprit for where Barca is now and I dont think anyone said that. But you can atleast expect for to put in respectable performances in those CL exits the past 8 years , like bag in a goal or have a good performance, which he only did in that Liverpool tie. Or is that much too ask ?

as i was typing up a reply, i've just clocked that this guy is one of the sensitive fanboys on here who pops up when messi is criticized/isn't hailed as the GOAT.

don't fall into the rabbit hole of arguments with this guy. he's better left alone

El Gato

Villarato!
I hated his endorsement of Valverde, but CR endorsed Ancelotti and Florentino still binned him.

The fact that we're blaming Messi for our President being a gutless, spineless and clueless piece of shit is incredible.

You say it as if that decision was a correct one to make at the time when we've come off from a horrendously injury ridden season, a first full year without a deep field general (shoehorned Kroos into it and played him in almost every game of the season) and without a DM (the one player who could play that role we sent packing after Decima). Ancelotti made mistakes that year (BBC insistence), but he didn't deserve the sack.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You say it as if that decision was a correct one to make at the time when we've come off from a horrendously injury ridden season, a first full year without a deep field general (shoehorned Kroos into it and played him in almost every game of the season) and without a DM (sent Khedira packing after Decima). Ancelotti made mistakes that year (BBC insistence), but he didn't deserve the sack.

Not the point I was making.

Richard.H

There will always be arguments that you're a Real Madrid fan, doesn't mean you're anything more than a Messi hater. Stop watching cartoon network.

:lol: Good one, can't wait until you're back defending Messi and the amigos when we get thrashed by PSG or RM 10-2 in the next CL campaign :lol:

Alik

Watch the first minutes of the following compilations of people who put him down as goat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-u6Ya3Xy48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzjpUQTWc20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79xxFMrEVcg&feature=youtu.be

serghei

I can imagine the conversation:

Koeman: Leo, let's cut to the chase. We want to make this team fast and hungry, like in the past... That game vs Bayern can't happen again. Ever.

Messi: Uhmm, ok... I'm listening.

Koeman: I know you don't wanna hear this... but we can't do it with the veterans playing as they did in the last few years.

Messi: I don't know what you're talking about, it's the managers. We're still the best, not our fault Bartomeu hired only bad managers. Since Pep, only Valverde understood and cared for us... on a deeply human level you know? Like, from the heart...

Koeman: I know but, listen, we have to let Suarez go...

Messi: What? I open up to you like this, and you give me shit? No fucking way. If he goes, I'll go. I'll give you Busi. Busi can go. Fuck him, never liked him much. This guy never scores. He told me once he only goes up in the box to see the play from close and be the first one to congratulate me when I save their asses.

Koeman: Busi heh? Ok, Busi, I'll take it. I wanted to use De Jong DM anyway. Now we're talking. Who else? Give me a good one now...

(thinks for 1 minute)

Messi: Braithwaite, he's a veteran.

Koeman: You're shitting me? I mean important players.

(thinks for another minute)

Messi: Ok, you can take Pjanic.

Koeman: But... he didn't even join the team.

Messi: Even better, tell him to stay in Turin. Don't bother coming.

Koeman: Can't do it man, have to be current players. The fans want at least 2 main ones. How about Alba?

Messi: Fuck no! He's the only one that gives me the ball. Take Pique, he said he wants to focus on Tennis more the other day, wants to revolutionize the Davis Cup. But don't tell him I said this. And Vidal. Fucker played much better in Copa America...

Koeman: Ok, so, Busi, Vidal, and Pique. Ok, man, I think I can just about sell it. Deal?

Messi: Deal. But don't touch Suarez or Alba. No monkey business, no shenanigans, be a man of your word. If you know what's best for you...

5 mins after, on a whatsapp group:

Leo: Jordi, Luis, I got you off fuckers. You owe me big time... Had to cut others though... needed to give him something, make him think he's won the argument.

Jordi: Who?

Leo: Geri and Arturo. Had to do it man.

Jordi: Can't believe he fell for Arturo. He's not even a real amigo. Ja ja ja.

Luis: Ha! You played him. Better than us. Btw, Sofia said she liked the sweater very much, the stitching is perfect, Anto is the best as usual.

Messi: Ok, I tell her. We're happy she liked it.

Alba: Ok, talk later.

Messi: Bye.

Luis: Bye.

Richard.H

as i was typing up a reply, i've just clocked that this guy is one of the sensitive fanboys on here who pops up when messi is criticized/isn't hailed as the GOAT.

don't fall into the rabbit hole of arguments with this guy. he's better left alone

Malvolio too, I'm convinced both will leave this forum immediately if Messi goes elsewhere.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Perhaps. Just don't know why you chose to use that as an example of good executive decision making. Or at least one in opposition to the stance of this board on Messi-EV relationship.

My point was that Florentino made a decision despite his players and his most influential player openly endorsing Ancelotti. Messi endorsing Ernie should've had no say in Barto or the board's decision making.

Richard.H

I want to see the context of those interviews, but sure there are coaches like Wenger and players like Henry who will wholeheartedly say Messi is the GOAT. After a magical Messi moment, many players and coaches will be asked about their thoughts on Messi and all will compliment him and say he's the best. What about post match analysis of Roma, Liverpool, Bayern? What did they say then?

Home of Barca Fans