Lionel Messi - v7

JohnN

No excuses should be made for him. He is hardly pulling his own weight (and he has huge ceiling as we all know) whenever the team are down away in the past few years. Not even doing a minimum. Terrible captain.

Ok mate.

FinBarcelonafan

Messi can’t do something alone against a wall of Napoli players. Put prime Messi in this team tonight, and the result would be the same. He had to come down to our CBs to receive the ball, FFS. Who out there is going to create a chance for him tonight by the looks of it? Absolutely no one.

No one. All the Barca players are looking for Messi because they are too afraid to try anything. We need some balls.

snowy

Napoli parking the double bus and crowding the centre. Prob is Jr and Sem only attempted 1 dribble each, everything else was sterile back passes.

The most daring passes came from Messi, Busi, Pique and Umtiti lol. Vidal's got the right mind set with his active runs and I liked Lord Raki's 1 attempt at what looked like a long shot hehe At least he went for it.

Need to show more bite dudes! I changed my mind, let's bring the party animals back :alveshat::neymar:

Sailor Mars

He's actually actively undermining his legacy. He's built a history of ties where he sulked as his team went behind.

I think the rivalry with CR7 and Real Madrid is the reason his legacy is being undermined.
The 3peat in the CL gave Cristiano 5 titles while Messi has 4 to his name.
If Madrid only win at most 1 out of 3, I don't think there would be as much pressure and criticism for Barca's CL defeats.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think the rivalry with CR7 and Real Madrid is the reason his legacy is being undermined.
The 3peat in the CL gave Cristiano 5 titles while Messi has 4 to his name.
If Madrid only win at most 1 out of 3, I don't think there would be as much pressure and criticism for Barca's CL defeats.

The biggest stick people used to beat him with has always been Argentina NT. And he's done the sulking with them way before he started doing it with Barcelona. He's just nurtured the terrible habits of giving up and giving the worst example. Nobody would bitch and moan if he started pressing properly - I always look back to Beckham vs Greece in 2002(?) analogy where he just wanted to do everything. And if not defensively, then just give people options and give an impression that you're trying. It does wonders when your teammates see you doing that. While he just never does it when his underperforming team goes down.

eaman

The biggest stick people used to beat him with has always been Argentina NT. And he's done the sulking with them way before he started doing it with Barcelona. He's just nurtured the terrible habits of giving up and giving the worst example. Nobody would bitch and moan if he started pressing properly - I always look back to Beckham vs Greece in 2002(?) analogy where he just wanted to do everything. And if not defensively, then just give people options and give an impression that you're trying. It does wonders when your teammates see you doing that. While he just never does it when his underperforming team goes down.

What do you mean pressing properly. He pressed exactly when he was meant to tonight. He also made a few good runs in behind but wasnt found

Tackle

Typical CL away match from him.

I don't expect anything from Leo in these types of matches anymore. Still expect him to be crucial in the return home leg though.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Better 2nd half. Plus, we all know what will happen in the 2nd leg at home, anyway. Always great in the CL at the Camp Nou.

KingLeo10

Typical CL away match from him.

I don't expect anything from Leo in these types of matches anymore. Still expect him to be crucial in the return home leg though.

Yeah, keep expecting more from a finished Neymar though.

By the way, we scored when your beloved Rakitic was taken off.

Hardy

more active in the second half, some nice solo run, still he'll score in a ko stage in 2035 outside of camp nou

serghei

Yea, I've said it before. Lazy, and not leader material.

Exactly. Just. not. a. leader. He's the guy that will elevate your team from already world class to legendary. A player that in a state of comfort and in a state where teammates provide for him the ball in space, he will make the difference. But without that, he just doesn't have the drive and the sacrifice in him to really dig deep and help in other areas.

Last edited:

malvolio

was kind of wank first half with misplaced passes and wrong decisions. he tried all game, but can't play all alone. griezmann is non-existent as a partner in attack and vidal is not suarez
[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]: what do you mean lazy? he tried all night. can you stop with the anti-messi agenda you moron? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans