Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

Be in denial all u want but Messi won a Ballon Dor ajd 2 consecutive golden boots under EV something I fear won't happen under Setien

He won a lot more under Pep and Lucho. In fact, Messi is the one making managers look better than they are, not the other way around.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Finishing was off. Also he is surrounded by idiots. Has to do it all by himself. At least with Suarez upfront he would have those one-twos.

A teenager managed to score two to win the game but "he has to do it all by himself". Shut the fuck up. Messi has been off for weeks.

sickstar

I know you're not happy... But weeks ?

Was a week after 2 goals and 1 assist is long enough for you to remember ?
2 goals and 3 assists for 2 weeks is bad?? As expected at the level of messi.

BusiTheKing

We know he still wants to win every game but he honestly doesn't look like he's enjoying football at all. Every effort seems like hardship.

He finds no intrinsic motivation anymore. Only really turns it on when he gets pissed off by something or someone.

henias

I don't blame Messi these days.

The attack nowadays:

Fati - Shooting, scoring, quickness
Messi - Dribbling, creating/vision, shooting, scoring
Griez - Safe passing, "defending"

Everything is down to Messi to do everything. We need to take the load off him. The fact that he plays better with Fati is not a choice of his, and not due to bs reasons like his friendship with Suarez. He genuinely finds it hard to connect with Grease.

Altomonte

It may sound silly but I am wondering if he feels pressure that Ronaldo is currently scoring goals (2 penalties today) and moving ahead of Messi. Today it felt like he was trying too hard to score, more than usual. For some reason he did not hit his usual spots - or the Levante GK did an exceptional job of positioning. Let's hope he will again find his finishing touch next time.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
We know he still wants to win every game but he honestly doesn't look like he's enjoying football at all. Every effort seems like hardship.

He finds no intrinsic motivation anymore. Only really turns it on when he gets pissed off by something or someone.

He definitely misses his Amigo. Suarez as bad as he is sometimes, his bond and understanding with Messi both on and off the field is undeniable.

It is one of the reasons why I would welcome resigning Neymar. Not just because of the footballing reasons, but he is someone Messi clearly enjoyed playing with. As Messi nears his retirement, it would be sad to see him there playing with no fire.

It is nothing against Griezmann or Fati or Dembele. I am sure with time they too could develop a strong bond with him, but unfortunately We don’t have that much time left with Messi. If we were able to win the CL this season and Dembele, Griezmann and Fati all played crucial parts in that campaign, perhaps that would be enough.

Bringing someone like Lautaro, a young fellow Argentine would also be very good.

Ritchie

At least he's getting chances now. Tge only way he was scoring under Valverde this season was a free kick he won himself, or a chance he created himself.

Ritchie

I don't blame Messi these days.

The attack nowadays:

Fati - Shooting, scoring, quickness
Messi - Dribbling, creating/vision, shooting, scoring
Griez - Safe passing, "defending"

Everything is down to Messi to do everything. We need to take the load off him. The fact that he plays better with Fati is not a choice of his, and not due to bs reasons like his friendship with Suarez. He genuinely finds it hard to connect with Grease.

Just like he couldn't connect with Coutinho or Dembele or Dybala for Argentina.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's actually being utilized in the correct fashion now. Receives the ball in his favorite area between the opposition's defense and midfield in little pockets of space. When he finds his shooting boots, we will click in the attack.

JohnN

We create plenty of chances nowadays. Messi has really forgotten how to score from open play but it will be casual for him again soon.

Home of Barca Fans