Lionel Messi - v7

snowy

Anybody saw the Budweiser ad with Messi about his goodbye? How quickly did they put that together eh? Makes you think this was known long before.

Those buds dude are twice the wiser. They had both scenarios covered way in advance :beer:

One question to Massi. If you love barca that much why didn't you stay and play for free?

those 500 millions should help against starvation

Even if possibly allowed by current rules to go under 50%, it's still tricky as it opens up a whole string of unknowns. Risky for both club and player.

2nd, just the thought of the likes of Umtiti, Dembouze, Grizzi, Couti, Alba, Bob et al not agreeing to any cuts whilst Messi had already agreed to a 50% just doesn't make sense.

If all the highly paid players took a cut in solidarity with Leo, then yeah it could make sense but that's La La Land. Dude gave his all to Barca for 20 years. He doesn't have to justify himself. Just thankful for all his amazing performances!

What I still don't get is Tebas' gameplan. Dude not only shot himself in the foot. By not being more lenient or attempting to find some solution, he practically sawed off both legs dayumm! :jason2:

Now it's the new gen time. Ansu, Pedri, hopefully Atil-R with Bouze da Elder as their wise mentor and chaperone :attachment:

mc_lovin

Those buds dude are twice the wiser. They had both scenarios covered way in advance :beer:

Even if possibly allowed by current rules to go under 50%, it's still tricky as it opens up a whole string of unknowns. Risky for both club and player.

2nd, just the thought of the likes of Umtiti, Dembouze, Grizzi, Couti, Alba, Bob et al not agreeing to any cuts whilst Messi had already agreed to a 50% just doesn't make sense.

If all the highly paid players took a cut in solidarity with Leo, then yeah it could make sense but that's La La Land. Dude gave his all to Barca for 20 years. He doesn't have to justify himself. Just thankful for all his amazing performances!

What I still don't get is Tebas' gameplan. Dude not only shot himself in the foot. By not being more lenient or attempting to find some solution, he practically sawed off both legs dayumm! :jason2:

Now it's the new gen time. Ansu, Pedri, hopefully Atil-R with Bouze da Elder as their wise mentor and chaperone :attachment:

The 50% wage cut is bullshit. Noone would have remotely offered him his old contract (see PSG), and he still wanted a 5 year deal to compensate for his lower contract. There's nothing heroic about it.

Horatio

You're welcome

Yeah you're right. But it would still mean Messi knew there is a good chance he is leaving. Or was it filmed even longer before going by the beard?

Belgian

Even if possibly allowed by current rules to go under 50%, it's still tricky as it opens up a whole string of unknowns. Risky for both club and player.:

the problem is that I didn't believe this cinema today.

If he wanted to stay they would find a solution
He only wanted to stay for a 50% wage cut (still 30 or 40 million), that is what we know (or I know)

only if he leaves for Argentina i'll give him some credit. 2 more years there and retiring at 36, earning nothing
seems a nice ending for the best player ever

Porque

Super League without the English Clubs, without Bayern Munich, without PSG.....yeah that's not a Super League and that's destined to fail.

They need the big English clubs to flip and there's nothing to suggest they will.

Well Super League is just the branding. The turkish league is also super.

The question is if collectively they can garner enough investment and tv rights and sponsors (which they would have a bigger % of) than the current CL or even the current CL+Domestic League combination.

Let's face it, the Italian and Spanish league are dying right now, let alone Portugal and the rest.

If they can get on board Inter, AC, Napoli Atletico, Roma, Sevilla, Villarreal Porto, Benfica, Sporting, Ajax then you atleast have a product which can bring more rights+sponsorship revenues than their respective domestic leagues.

Morten

Messi is going from a fiat to a fking Ferrari.

Just look at PSG squad, u just have to win the CL with that cheat squad

Maybe, maybe not.
Last i looked they couldn't even beat Lille, with a slighty less extreme squad.

Why is everyone forgetting the epic failure that was last season for PSG?

Last edited:

serghei

stunning

E8SVQMwUYAAT9QF

Sounds like it's written by a reddit user.

snowy

the problem is that I didn't believe this cinema today.

If he wanted to stay they would find a solution
He only wanted to stay for a 50% wage cut (still 30 or 40 million), that is what we know (or I know)

only if he leaves for Argentina i'll give him some credit. 2 more years there and retiring at 36, earning nothing
seems a nice ending for the best player ever

I dunno dude, if you're right, that was some Academy Award performance!

Looking back at all the years he carried the team, some folks were still bashing him for walking and stuff. Imagine he stays, plays for free and same pundits double down on how much he sucks :lol:

besides, like Joko said: if you're good at something, ...

https://media.giphy.com/media/eV3B6VcUIrBFm/giphy.gif[

and it's a mute point anyways:

Raj Chohan
@rajsinghchohan
?
7h
Just to clear something up about Messi playing for free (he shouldn?t have to). Barca?s wage to revenue ratio is currently at around 115%. Even without Messi?s wages, it?s still 95%. La Liga?s salary cap is set at 70%. So even if Messi played for free,Barca couldn?t register him.

Home of Barca Fans