Lionel Messi - v7

Leong157

Well, with the way these sources have been reporting. They will get it right eventually. Saying in the coming days every week or so. Might as well said He will sign the within coming years.

malvolio

Well, with the way these sources have been reporting. They will get it right eventually. Saying in the coming days every week or so. Might as well said He will sign the within coming years.

just add "here we go!" to every rumor and it will be legit.

khaled_a_d

btw when is the last day the GOAT could possibly sign for us ?

he can sign whenever he wants, all year round. what matters is that we register him before the last day for players registration in la liga. don't know if that's the same date as the transfer day deadline - 31 Aug.

Free agents don't have a deadline actually, they can sign at any time. The registration is for players signed from other clubs.
At least that was the rule till couple of years ago

Hardy

Joan Laporta on Messi’s renewal: “We are working on it. This haven’t been completely resolved yet, but it is progressing well. We are doing everything we can within our capacity & I continue to see high chances of Messi staying. He wants to stay”

Joan "is progressing well" Laporta

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Joan Laporta on Messi’s renewal: “We are working on it. This haven’t been completely resolved yet, but it is progressing well. We are doing everything we can within our capacity & I continue to see high chances of Messi staying. He wants to stay”

'he wants to stay' is nice to hear !

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I must say, hearing those words from Laporta today it seems the situation has not changed much. "We want him to stay and Leo wants to stay but there are things to be resolved", something like that. Also the fact that Laporta was hinting that La Liga should make concessions/leeways on the salary cap makes it sound like we still haven't figured out a good way to overcome that, short of releasing any players on high wages.

Jadentheman

Well, they need to hurry up. Mess around and Man City comes in last minute. With the amount they are spending on Grealish and Kane they definitely are feeling themselves to violate FFP in some way to one up PSG

Prodi

What do we need to sign Messi?
-Umtiti, Pjanic, Braithwaite must leave.
-Maybe Griezmann
-Selling Ilaix
-Wages cut to Pique, Busquets, Alba and Roberto.

So...

xxxxxx

Joan Laporta on Messi?s renewal: ?We are working on it. This haven?t been completely resolved yet, but it is progressing well. We are doing everything we can within our capacity & I continue to see high chances of Messi staying. He wants to stay?

He keeps saying the same thing over and over.... but this time it sounds less confident than the previous times he said it. Messi does want to stay, but he's not going to wait around that long. He wants to play football next season regardless of where it is.

As I said, he's playing with fire by taking his time to get it sorted. It could annoy Messi to the point where he'll probably have to leave if he wants to play consistent football next season.

Home of Barca Fans