Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

messi's name and legacy will always place him among the favourites. doesnt mean shit.

he is the no 1 favorite right now. not "among the favorites". surely it means something.

even if you disregard the fact he is still the best player around.

BarcaOG

Banned
he is the no 1 favorite right now. not "among the favorites". surely it means something.

even if you disregard the fact he is still the best player around.

lol imagine failing so much, so often, going years without major silverware, losing multiple finals with argentina.....

and somehow still being the best. just like MJ was the best while was losing championships with the bulls, or phelps being the best failing to win medals. not.

there is a direct relation between achievement (i.e. success) at the highest level of competition and rank/status (being the 'best'). there is literally no field of human achievement in which this is not the case. but sure, lets make special rules for leo :lol:

malvolio

lol imagine failing so much, so often, going years without major silverware, losing multiple finals with argentina.....

and somehow still being the best. just like MJ was the best while was losing championships with the bulls, or phelps being the best failing to win medals. not.

there is a direct relation between achievement (i.e. success) at the highest level of competition and rank/status (being the 'best'). there is literally no field of human achievement in which this is not the case. but sure, lets make special rules for leo :lol:

Last time I've checked Messi tops the individual stats for attackers and attacking midfielders. And that happens pretty much every season. And he did that with the best team around him and with one not even top 5 around him.

Messi 2011 couldn't have won us the CL this season by himself.

BarcaOG

Banned
Last time I've checked Messi tops the individual stats for attackers and attacking midfielders. And that happens pretty much every season. And he did that with the best team around him and with one not even top 5 around him.

Messi 2011 couldn't have won us the CL this season by himself.

lewa has had better stats than messi for a couple of seasons. by your logic, that means lewa>messi. do you think that is the case?

lampard scored many more goals than either xavi or iniesta (more than both combined). is he better than them? clearly not.

---
its not (simply) about stats. its whether the goals you do score are decisive and contribute to team success. so its matters little if messi has a thousand goals against betis. what matters is whether he is assisting or scoring in the CL KOs and in the big matches for barca and argentina (i.e. against atleti and real). once you look at those numbers.... yeah, messi doesnt look so great. which is exactly the reason it matters little that CR was top scorer in italy. he didnt deliver in key matches against the milan teams and other strong teams in italy. apparently that counts against CR (rightly so) but not against messi. so your logic is both wrong on its merits (stats alone =/= 'the best') but also inconsistently applied

Nazario1985

absolutely mediocre. just because he has good games against mid and low tier teams doesnt make up for his absolute no shows against atleti, real, and another year of complete failure in the CL. not to mention he is such a bad leader that even when barca had the league in its hands only needing to win its remaining games, messi couldnt even lead barcelona to beat some low tier teams at home in the camp nou

as mediocre as it gets

What clown biased eye you have,

Messi will not lift the huge mess this team is more than he already does.

You are back at your level of trolling, trying to get web-attention by bashing Messi left & right and sucking the cool aid out of the real mediocre players ..

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

:lol: My guy, Fati used to stan CR7 and troll Messi with account names like "messi15478" and many other accounts, including on Juventus forums posing as a JUVE FAN. If he was honest about being a CR7 fan like you are, there's no issues. How many times does that need to be explained to you?

Wrong. In you world is everyone who doesnt hate CR and praise Messi 24/7 no barca fan. You are trying to convince yourself to give yourself a better conscience.

El Gato

Villarato!
Correction to my previous statement

Benzema >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CR > Messi

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Damn, another fight.

Who do I believe started and caused it?

The guy who keep shitposting in this thread all the time, whenever he isnt banned ofc, and the guy who was exposed as being a fan of multiple teams, a 70 year old with the body of peak Hercules and who keep attacking and baiting a poster and then claims he will put him on his ignore list and wont quote or mention him...also got banned recently because of his weird stalkerish behaviour...

or....

the other guy

tough choice

Fati_Future_BallonDor

How is the post you quoted not true ? Honestly , you were on the Juve forum for at least a year and were actively cheering for CR7 and Juventus. Again my main issue with you is that you are pretending to be a Barca fan.

How about this for a start , just drop the act of you being a Barca fan and ask the mods to change your name to CR_Future_BallonDor

Well, thats another story dude. The past doesn't matter. The point is that kingleo does not tolerate other opinions. He doesn't dare to contradict you as youre his friend otherwise he would call you a clowon or a troll if you declare Benzema or someone else as Messi as a favorite of the Ballon dors. I like you messi2140 but you wont judge this situation objectivitely as kingleo is your friend which is ok.

KingLeo10

Well, thats another story dude. The past doesn't matter. The point is that kingleo does not tolerate other opinions. He doesn't dare to contradict you as youre his friend otherwise he would call you a clowon or a troll if you declare Benzema or someone else as Messi as a favorite of the Ballon dors. I like you messi2140 but you wont judge this situation objectivitely as kingleo is your friend which is ok.

If you notice, I didn't call Benzema for Ballon D'Or opinions as clown takes. Because Benz was in the running, though not favorite IMO, until France choked.

Rassvet

Betting odds now have Messi as clear favorite for the ballon dor. He went from 7/2 yesterday to 9/4 now. The closest is KDB at 11/2.

Home of Barca Fans