Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

What I don't get is if Messi is so concerned about the project, why is he committing before Laporta has conducted any real transfer business? Why not wait a bit and see what opportunities come up. Does he not know about leverage/keeping options open? Between this and letting his break clause expire last summer based on 'gentleman's agreement', I've gotta say he's lucky he is good at football. I know janitors who have a better sense of planning/forward thinking...dumber than a pile of rocks this lad.

He has his life better planned than anyone in here, believe that. Gets a ton of money and still plays for the club he loves, in a city he can call home, where his family are comfortable. What more is there to plan? Go to another league/country to do what? Prove internet trolls he can do it on a cold wet windy night in Stoke?

If he wanted to leave, he would have signed for City/PSG since January

Prodi

What I don't get is if Messi is so concerned about the project, why is he committing before Laporta has conducted any real transfer business? Why not wait a bit and see what opportunities come up. Does he not know about leverage/keeping options open? Between this and letting his break clause expire last summer based on 'gentleman's agreement', I've gotta say he's lucky he is good at football. I know janitors who have a better sense of planning/forward thinking...dumber than a pile of rocks this lad.

Because thatt's false, an excuse.
It is obvious that Laporta has a good relationship with Messi and his closest associates. And it is also obvious that Messi gave laporta his word that he would stay if he won the elections, that's why he went to vote. The sporting project was an excuse to leave the club when Bartomeu was in command due to his bad relationship and because Su?rez was sacked, Messi just wants to finish his career comfortably, competing what he can, but being comfortable with his family in Barcelona. Messi has already known for months that we can sign anybody. It doesn't have much mystery.

gnrfan

Banned

Sigh is right. Well, I guess we can draw a line under Messi's career as a footballer w serious aspirations. Time to start following Mbappe more closely. My real hope though is that a new player emerges, as talented as Messi but without the weaksauce mentality. Unfortunately could take a few years to a decade. Last one before Messi was R9, and Maradona before that. Football will be boring till then.

Last edited:

malvolio

Sigh is right. Well, I guess we can draw a line under Messi's career as a footballer w serious aspirations. Time to start following Mbappe more closely. My real hope though is that a new player emerges, as talented as Messi but without the weaksauce mentality. Unfortunately could take a few years to a decade. Last one before Messi was R9, and Maradona before that.

There won't be anyone that fulfills your requirements, brah. Because you can't be a football genius(best of all time), have a normal family life, not have vices, be a smart business man and also a born leader, all at the same time.
In fact Messi is pretty vanilla for the amount of success he has in life.

gnrfan

Banned
"have a normal family life, not have vices"

Who said these are requirements lol. All I care about is watching a football genius leading his team to glory(smth messi has not done recently). I don't care if this player is doing lines of blow off a stripper's ass in his free time(Maradona style). Hell it might be more interesting than Messi's milquetoast persona.

Newcomer

Sigh is right. Well, I guess we can draw a line under Messi's career as a footballer w serious aspirations. Time to start following Mbappe more closely. My real hope though is that a new player emerges, as talented as Messi but without the weaksauce mentality. Unfortunately could take a few years to a decade. Last one before Messi was R9, and Maradona before that. Football will be boring till then.

Are u a Messi fan or a Barca fan ? Find it weird to see people (who aren't rival fans) on a Barca board complaining because the dwarf stays in his club.

malvolio

"have a normal family life, not have vices"

Who said these are requirements lol. All I care about is watching a football genius leading his team to glory(smth messi has not done recently). I don't care if this player is doing lines of blow off a stripper's ass in his free time(Maradona style). Hell it might be more interesting than Messi's milquetoast persona.

Yes you would. You would care if he's a druggie. Just like you trash him on Internet forums for his career choices or mentality.

gnrfan

Banned
Yes you would. You would care if he's a druggie. Just like you trash him on Internet forums for his career choices or mentality.

Lmao. My frustration w messi is he wastes his career while being a pushover. I could give af abt his personal life, so long as it doesnt affect his game.

ebc_99

Messi has his head screwed on, why would he leave Barca? Great City, happy family, a lifestyle 99.99999% of people can only dream of, playing for one of the best teams in Europe. His legacy is secure and he has nothing to prove, so he should stay at the club he loves. And Barca fans should be happy we get to watch the greatest for another couple of years in blaugrana.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You got people here claiming to be Ronaldo fans and Barca fans but we can't be Messi fans and Barca fans?

Wrong point bro, if someone wants that Messi leaves he clearly wants to damage barca as a club (performance-wise) --> which would implicate someone is only a Messifan but not a barca fan ;)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Imo it would be better for Messi to stay in barca as if Mbappe really leaves PSG i dont see them as a cl contender and it would better to win la liga than ligue 1. City would be a good choice but didnt Pep say he doesnt have the money for messi? So even from messi perspective rather barca than psg imo.

Hardy

this freekick merchant better scores a brace against those bolivian bums, because we know already he ain't do shit in the ko stages

Home of Barca Fans