Lionel Messi - v7

r_sk

Ewr6WUyVoAIumlZ

Is this true?

Newcomer

my respect and esteem for him would increase a thousand-fold if he took a pay cut

would show (against the likes of neymar) that he genuinely loves the sport and this club

(that said, messi is of course so rich that he could take a 100% paycut and still have more money than god)

Even with that paycut, he would be far away from the salary Neymar is getting.

Messi, like Neymar, is a multi million family business.

Newcomer

that time when beckham "donated" his salary to avoid paying taxes? - https://www.forbes.com/sites/christ...harity-to-avoid-paying-taxes/?sh=412ab88a29b1

fc barcelona is not listed on the market, therefore messi doesn't own or can't buy shares and stocks.

it's hypocrisy because neither him or club are indebted to each other. so you and me, can't really tell them what they should do or not. we may wish/dream for some things, but it doesn't mean it will go the way we like/want.

messi can do what he wants. the club will be the one that will deem his demands acceptable or not.

True. Beckham only opted for that payment structure because it would be beneficial for him. Avoid paying big taxes in France while getting positive PR (which whill bring money in a way or another).

KingLeo10

I would bet most of it is this season and 18/19 where he pulled off one of the great solo acts in recent years. I appreciate that season more and more as he did it at 32...with Granadaman as his partner and Ernesto Cruyff as his manager. And the Bermuda quintuple of Rakitic - Busquets - Vidal - Pique - Lenglet. Hell, I might even throw in Cryba in there.

SmilerBam

the ship for neymar has sailed a long time ago. Let's move forward.

Wouldn't say no to Neymar even if he is 29 and declined a bit.Still a fanastic footballer.That being said,Fati is playing there,right?Although,Fati should move more to a striker area,think it suits him better.

Joan

29 years old, declined, injury prone Neymar for crazy fee? I'd pass, thank you. Even if he's still great.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I would bet most of it is this season and 18/19 where he pulled off one of the great solo acts in recent years. I appreciate that season more and more as he did it at 32...with Granadaman as his partner and Ernesto Cruyff as his manager. And the Bermuda quintuple of Rakitic - Busquets - Vidal - Pique - Lenglet. Hell, I might even throw in Cryba in there.

He was already on a worldclass level in 16/17 and 17/18 but wow in 18/19 he was nearly on 2015 level. Crazy Messi.

Most hattricks:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (57)

2. Lionel Messi (54)

3. Luis Suarez (29)

4. Lewandowski (24)

Haaland has already 8 hattricks, if he goes to City he could hit 40+ hattricks in his career. Messi scores lots of braces, could easily overtake Ronaldo if he wouldnt relax after two goals most of the time :boss:

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

He was already on a worldclass level in 16/17 and 17/18 but wow in 18/19 he was nearly on 2015 level. Crazy Messi.

Most hattricks:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (57)

2. Lionel Messi (54)

3. Luis Suarez (29)

4. Lewandowski (24)

Haaland has already 8 hattricks, if he goes to City he could hit 40+ hattricks in his career. Messi scores lots of braces, could easily overtake Ronaldo if he wouldnt relax after two goals most of the time :boss:

Puskas had 60 if i remember correctly, Pele something like 92 but maybe thats hattricks scored in training also :lol:

Rassvet

he scored a lot of outside the box goals in the first half of 19-20 as well. I remember quite a few free kick goals and some bangers all within a few weeks

SmilerBam

It's insane that CR is considered the most complete goalscorer. Leo has been perfect all-around,scoring solo goals, free kicks, goals outside the box etc

Only a blindman cannot see the differenmce in quality between Leo Messi and Ronaldo.Also,how Lewnadoski is compared with Messi?He should be compared with the likes of Aguero or Suarez,not Messi.Shows how great Messi is.He is an attacking midfielder that scores at least the same amount as the best strikers in the world,at the age of 33.And people want him gone.Laughable.

raskolnikov

It's insane that CR is considered the most complete goalscorer. Leo has been perfect all-around,scoring solo goals, free kicks, goals outside the box etc
Its because of the 3 things he is better at than Messi: Positioning, headers and penalties.
He is more versatile in the box. As an end target he is a more complete goalscorer. Messi is a complete player though.
If Ronaldo had Messi behind him creating he would score even more.

Home of Barca Fans