Lionel Messi - v7

BarcaOG

Banned
Look man, you need to relax with labeling everyone a beta and a loser. JohnN does have some valid points that we can't expect Messi to be GOAT level (which he was during Pep years and 14-15) into his 30s. You also have some valid points that Messi could have and should have done more v Roma and Bayern for example. The truth is somewhere between both extreme viewpoints.

i obviously exaggerate for comedic effect but my general point still stands: you can't keep calling messi GOAT and all that but hide and make excuses whenever he fails to turn up in decisive matches. that just doesnt work.

of course he cant do it alone--and of course our relatively weaker side doesnt help. im not saying he should score a hattrick every game. all im saying is that to deserve the praise he gets (and the boat load of money that is sinking our club that he is paid) he needs to try harder in the big matches (CL KOs and clasicos) and make a difference.

now, if were going to accept he is no longer GOAT not even among the worlds best anymore then fine. but you cant have it both ways: you dont get to scream GOAT when he scores against cadiz but talk about what he did 5 years ago in 2015 when he doesnt impress in our annual CL humiliations.

edit: THAT SAID he was very good today and helped us get an important 3 points, plus gave us the energy to face sevilla midweek hoping for a remontada. more of that please

JohnN

Hasn't scored a single goal this season against top5 teams in La liga.

Damn it. Time to move the goal post again. But that shouldn't be a problem for you.
No open play goals.
Braith scores more.
Only scores against small teams ( like everything else like assists mean shit).
Waiting for the next one.
P.S. I am happy about Rakitic getting beaten by us.
I have hopes we can repeat it in the copa now.

Ripsta

He's living proof there's no such thing as a one man team. It's fucking scandalous how the club have been run so badly into the ground, wasting the prime years of Messi.

Defend well, control the midfield and Messi does his thing. Getting dicked over by Roma, Liverpool, Bayern and PSG in four consecutive years is deplorable, and look at the team on show today, De Jong and Ter Stegen aside, it's laughably bad.

Won't lay a glove on PSG, and Messi will ultimately take the blame, just like he does for Argentina. All fuelled by the Maradona myth he once did it on his own, that has always stuck with Messi when his team lose.

MagIX

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 7 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player , IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against Sevilla.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

Pls add: IFFHS best all time world playmaker (since 2006)

sickstar

Everyone were on the roll. A bit disappointed with that kick that went high over the goal but everthing else was good. He rarely lost the ball and sometime press (and got a yellow card and a warning for it). Without the goal it would be just a bit above mediocre performance but with it become a 8/10.

CatalinR10

He also pressed like a madman all game. He probably still has HOPE for La Liga

If only that fucker of Lenglet didn't draw that last game for us.

JohnN

i obviously exaggerate for comedic effect but my general point still stands: you can't keep calling messi GOAT and all that but hide and make excuses whenever he fails to turn up in decisive matches. that just doesnt work.

of course he cant do it alone--and of course our relatively weaker side doesnt help. im not saying he should score a hattrick every game. all im saying is that to deserve the praise he gets (and the boat load of money that is sinking our club that he is paid) he needs to try harder in the big matches (CL KOs and clasicos) and make a difference.

now, if were going to accept he is no longer GOAT not even among the worlds best anymore then fine. but you cant have it both ways: you dont get to scream GOAT when he scores against cadiz but talk about what he did 5 years ago in 2015 when he doesnt impress in our annual CL humiliations.

You are exaggerating for comedic effect? No, you disrespect everyone who don't agree with you and disrespect our best player ever, all in one go.
Who calls him the goat for his current performances?
Everyone knows Messis level has dropped and if they don't they are blind. But going as far as to say he should try more against liverpool is beyond pathetic.
I would say Roma was a bad showing.
Bayern I would be exactly like him in the second half so I cant really judge. Apart from those 1.5 games, that his contribution wasn't good enough, what other examples do we have that the team didn't majestfully fuck up and expect him to bail us out?

Rory

Come on man, people can have ucl PSG 4-0 before remontada, Atletico Madrid defeats, roma, bayern and PSG 4-1 but the Liverpool tie just wasn't one of his bad ones. Plenty of other sticks to choose from.

Home of Barca Fans