Lionel Messi - v7

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
It is still awesome to see Messi score goals like today.
But I am still waiting for one good performance in a tough game against a good opponent when we need offensive output. Be it scoring or an all around good game.

Kul_z

It is still awesome to see Messi score goals like today.
But I am still waiting for one good performance in a tough game against a good opponent when we need offensive output. Be it scoring or an all around good game.

Well, lets hope braith or griez or dembele or trincao start finishing those chances they get first, then we could maybe see messi pull a goat level match

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Has nothing to do with the other players.
Messi's finishing is abysmal this season in general and he is mostly invisible against good opponents. I do not expect him to win games like vs PSG on his own or something.
But score his chance vs Sevilla e.g. Even we still lose 2:1 then, would have been still been an important goal in a knock out tie. Or even Cadiz.

The team is mentally weak and often crumbles under pressure in close games. Our forwards have to finish their clear cut chances before fuck ups like Lenglet's could even happen.

Rory

He does need one last game in a Barca shirt vs a tough opponent where he drags us to a win tbf. I just hope in that game the rest of the players aren?t playing terribly like they have for 3/4 years.

Can?t think of a single player who has turned up in those ucl games we get humiliated in

KingLeo10

I think his most iconic performance in the face of adversity was the 3-2 win at the Bernabeu (16-17) where he scored 2 and the last second winner against the RM who was folding teams like Bayern, AM, and Juve in the CL.

If he had a couple more of those and we never won the CL from 2016-2021 like right now, I don't think anyone would blame him. Of course, he's not he main culprit by any means but it is a blemish on his resume that he hasn't had more of those game changers when we are the weaker team.

Hardy

so now he just needs 7 goals to save his 30 goal per season streak, gotta be honest didn't see that coming after his first months

Richard.H

so now he just needs 7 goals to save his 30 goal per season streak, gotta be honest didn't see that coming after his first months

I think if he gets to 30 he will surely get Pichichi. Don't see Suarez getting to 30, they have some difficult games coming up

Daniele

Cringe worthy thread on Redcafe titled - Would you rather City signed Haaland or Messi. I know that forum is dickhead central, but even for them it's astonishing. All say Messi...

Haaland is a superb young talent, and he'd slot in as a top class replacement for Aguero for years to come but Messi would give them European dominance for two or three years. and likely win them the treble, something Utd fans love bragging about.

The amount of disrepect Messi gets is ridiculous, as if Mbappe, Neymar, Haaland or Lewandowski would do any better in the current team.

a curiosity,
why did you go to the man's forum when you could find loads of disrepect for Messi just in here?

Home of Barca Fans