Lionel Messi - v7

khaled_a_d

Seems to me that his conditions will put the club in a lot of problems in the future. I mean, Neymar?, what the fuck. That's like a poisonous route.

He just said there is no way we get Neymar and even joked about his poisonous dad. Talked about young players and new cycle.

How on earth you interpret that as "he wants Neymar, and not youth" is beyond me.

There are legit club leaders and legends like Totti, Gerrard, and so on, who've spent almost their whole career at the same club out of loyalty and leadership, even if their level was much higher than that of the team.

Gerard asked and pressured Liverpool to leave during his prime.
Totti was at grear club during his prime too, after that it was too late to think about leaving as he wasn't anywhere desirable to big clubs in his 30's.

If Totti was a Barca player, people would have talked about him as amigo and selfish player.

What he needs to do is accept the situation of the club. He doesn't have anything left to prove. Accept the pay cut, and help the young players get better. Be an example for them. Nobody expects Messi to be a savior, except some clueless fans who are detached from reality.

Again, he literally said what you want him to say, and yet you interpreted it the opposite way.
Unless you think he shouldn't say he likes to compete and focusing on this season.

Katarina1

Banned
He's become like one of those wives who gets cheated on repeatedly but just stays in the marriage because they're too comfortable to leave.

serghei

Yea, let's see what happens. Messi staying or leaving shouldn't change anything. The path forward is clear since it's the only thing we can do.

Total-Football

What he needs to do is accept the situation of the club. He doesn't have anything left to prove. Accept the pay cut, and help the young players get better. Be an example for them. Nobody expects Messi to be a savior, except some clueless fans who are detached from reality.

But he doesn't seem to want to do that, because he thinks he is still good enough to win CLs and things like that. And he doesn't want to sacrifice his last 2-3 seasons for Barcelona. So, he's pressuring the club in a "get better fast or I'm out" type of situation.

He's a bit delusional as well imo. He takes the things Barca did for him for granted.

My opinion too.. There is some delusion going on with some superstar players.. Messi here is an example. His intentions are good but his gauging of reality is questionable.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi also said that if they took Barca to trial, his legal team were guaranteed to win it. He never did because that is not how he wanted to leave the club.

Respetc

Total-Football

He said that he thought of going to the psychiatrist after bayern and that his wife advised him to.. And that the defeat psychologically hurt other players.. Pretty much prove that those players were deluded and unaware of their level.. Because if they did the defeat wouldnt have damaged them this much.

FinBarcelonafan

He said that he thought of going to the psychiatrist after bayern and that his wife advised him to.. And that the defeat psychologically hurt other players.. Pretty much prove that those players were deluded and unaware of their level.. Because if they did the defeat wouldnt have damaged them this much.

They should have gone after Liverpool or Messis case World Cup or other Argentina final losses.

Birdy

Anyone with any link of the full transcript of the interview?

Messi also said that if they took Barca to trial, his legal team were guaranteed to win it. He never did because that is not how he wanted to leave the club.

Respetc

Hats off for that.

Nice to read also he acknowledges the financial situation of the club.
But I don't know if he acknowledges his position in all that

Messigician

Messi: "It will be tough to buy players in such economic conditions. Signing Neymar will be very tough for the new president, we don't have money at the club."

It will be tough but Laporta will make it happen and Messi will sign a 5 year extension.

WE MOVE

Home of Barca Fans