Lionel Messi - v7

ItachiXXX

Impossible.

Zlatan is slow but he scores a lot of goals due to his height, strength and positioning in the box (headers).
Cr7 also scores mostly headers and tap ins.

Messi is short and slow.
He always relied on finishing with feet and dribbles.
His positioning, off the ball movement and presence in the box is poor.

Younger Messi was a GOAT of goals with feet.
And bad in other aspects.
Cr7 and Zlatan were not as good as Messi with feet but they were allrounders.

And now, both Zlatan and Cr7 lost pace but they still have some other weapons.
While with Messi, he always had only one weapon. And now all of his weapons are gone: pace, acceleration, dribbles, lethal finishing.

The question: how can Messi turn into Zlatan and Cr7 when he doesn't possess those skills?

To some extent, Messi is like Pep.
On prime, it was an unstoppable machine.
But when that machine stops working, you get a sterile one-dimensional the most predictable product in the world who can't play in any other way.
Why he need to be Zlatan and CR7 when he can be AM instead that create and score from time to time.
You comparing different style of players :lol:

Daniele

And also look at 7:03

it was offside but he kicked that ball in frustration and scored in auto-mode :batman:

ma prediction: 7 goals open play :cool: and 5 assists in the next 5 games

here's the other smooth grooves:

.30 and .35 Through-ball attempts to Griezz but intercepted (Ideally he's the one to receive it)
.46 Lob attempt to Ansu but too strong and off-side anyways
.58 cool turn n pass!
1.03 nice pass from Bouze (good position from Leo but could've passed it earlier - happened very fast though)
1.14 cool nutmeg n pass
1.42 keeper was beat but Florian L saves the day
? series of good passes but still too deep
3.06 HH u Fuk - shoulda gotten it in the cojones
3.38 good run but weak shot (though shot though as ball was not passed in front of him)

2nd half

3:56 good idea but a touch too strong
4.14 maybe cross to Griezz? but that's only for the tough critics. Valid attempt in my book
4.40 good control but ran out of inspiration
5:20 yeah baby!
5:44 nice from Pjanic
5:58 good attempt!=
6:24 good chemistry between Leo and Ansu _ close!
6.28 good 1-2s _ here if Griezz tries to redirect it with the heel towards the centre _ could be easy 1v1 for either Trink or Pedri
? series of good passes and 1 failed muti-dribble
7.14 _ almost assist to Dest
7.18 _ almost assist to Pique
7:40 misleads both Tavares + the CB, passes between them to Trink
8,06 good attempt

So of course, these the parts I liked. Like it was pointed out, he did lose balls through misplaced passes and 3 dispossession. I'm good with that but I understand if some prefer more safety.

Thing I like was his fighting attitude and trying to make shit happen. No luck this time but if we play it by the numbers, odds say we find the net real soon.

:goodpost:

Raketa10

He was 26-27 back then.

Ronaldinho declined aged 28.
Rivaldo aged 30.
Shevchenko aged 30-ish.

Yet you guys expect from a soon to be 34-guy without motivation to rediscover his pace and form.

How?

Because he is the GOAT and GOAT's always find the way. Please stop comparing him to Ronaldinho. That guy basically stopped playing serious football at the age of 27.

Last edited:

Morten

You're kidding me right? Ronaldinho was good for copacabana in 2008, and he went to milan where he did absolutely nothing worth of mentioning. He was un professional, fat, and nothing else. He could do a flip flap but eventualy his belly made a decision to go in another direction.

And why am i supposed to be kidding, exactly?
09/10 was good, so he didnt do "nothing", though that was also his last decent season of his career.

jairzinho

Messi will start vs Dynamo Kiev (Sport)

Does he really have to play? We?re playing at home, on 6 points and playing against a somewhat depleted team. He should sit this one out or at least start from the bench. He wants to play in every match for 90 minutes. If you think he?s bad right now wait till February/March. His legs will be gone by then.

Katarina1

Banned
Does he really have to play? We?re playing at home, on 6 points and playing against a somewhat depleted team. He should sit this one out or at least start from the bench. He wants to play in every match for 90 minutes. If you think he?s bad right now wait till February/March. His legs will be gone by then.

yes, he can rest vs Betis instead

Vilarrubi

Probably wants to get back to scoring for confidence.

jairzinho

Tbh I would rest him for the Betis game. We’re safe in Europe for now at least. In the league we could end up in the relegation spots if things get ugly.

:benitez:

Birdy

You don't get it.
He decides when to play, and he does not have any critical capacity to think all the above.
His legs are already done.

malvolio

All managers we had have done the same in the group stages. Play the strongest side until we win group/qualify and then rotate, regardless of opponent.

Against Betis we have no other choice but to play the first 11, whatever that is for Koeman.

Home of Barca Fans