Lionel Messi - v7

Sorin

Yea, CL ship has sailed, but 2 La Ligas until retirement would be insane. He'd be on what 12 championships career wise? That's unheard of in modern era, especially in a top 2 league.

Giggs has 13 I think. Still, it would be incredible to win that much, especially since he had to fight Real Madrid for all of them.

raskolnikov

Messi's energy management is off or something, he never shows this fight in the business end of the CL

Yeah of he puts in this workrate in important cl games and classico's he can get away with his walking routine 90% of the other matches.

Altomonte

Messi grew today into the role of legitimate Bar?a captain. He energized his team and led by example. Coutinho played well but Messi was MOM by leading a Bar?a attack that scored 2 goals in the second half despite Celta's one-man advantage. Great team performance, including our goalkeeper.

feggydinho

Messi grew today into the role of legitimate Bar?a captain. He energized his team and led by example. Coutinho played well but Messi was MOM by leading a Bar?a attack that scored 2 goals in the second half despite Celta's one-man advantage. Great team performance, including our goalkeeper.
It was a little close but I think coutinho was the motm for me (I'm this barca as its less dependent on Messi)

MagIX

Yeah of he puts in this workrate in important cl games and classico's he can get away with his walking routine 90% of the other matches.

I agree.
+ absolutely he does't have to play every single match.
I hope that the coach will rest him during the season.

malvolio

The number of times he's getting pickpocketed worries me.

yeah, i've also noticed it. prime messi was very hard, nearly impossible to dispossess when on the ball.

Messi at 10 plays it like a second striker more than an attacking mid.. lots of risks more than helping with tempo or dictating game.

He wont be 9 he would be up there a lot when other team have ball to try and cover for lack of pressing as part of team but will more on ball go to RW or at times drop deeper.

Messi cant play as the number 10 set position and doesnt suit him or team as a whole.

coming back to this subject, does anyone have messi's heatmap from last night?

it was showing like he played AM or 10. at ST there was barely any red/orange patch. circle in the middle of the field was glowing red.

so how come he isn't able to play there when he actually plays there? :lol:

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
coming back to this subject, does anyone have messi's heatmap from last night?

it was showing like he played AM or 10. at ST there was barely any red/orange patch. circle in the middle of the field was glowing red.

so how come he isn't able to play there when he actually plays there? :lol:

The heatmap doesn't mean anything. The fact is Coutinho played as 10 and what he does Messi won't be able to do because Messi lacks the mobility.

The skill abilities Messi possesses makes him very suitable for the #10 role, close to perfect even. But his (lack of) movement unbalances the team too much.

In the long run Messi behind Haaland/anyone is worse than Coutinho behind Messi.

malvolio

The heatmap doesn't mean anything. The fact is Coutinho played as 10 and what he does Messi won't be able to do because Messi lacks the mobility.

The skill abilities Messi possesses makes him very suitable for the #10 role, close to perfect even. But his (lack of) movement unbalances the team too much.

In the long run Messi behind Haaland/anyone is worse than Coutinho behind Messi.

sound reasoning

what you wrote doesn't mean anything. the fact is i'm right and you are wrong.

how do you like them apples?

he actually moved quite a lot last night.

Valdario

He's still very hard to dispossess off the ball but the weather conditions didn't help him at all, I'm sure next game he'll be even better than today

Home of Barca Fans