Ligue 1

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Looking at the Ligue 1 table while shaking my head. Something really needs to be done.

Catalan Fan

PSG 19pts clear, plus a GD of +37 over Monaco in 2nd.Depressing really.

Yep, Bundesilga similar.Must be boring as fuck for the other fans.

At least Leicester are keeping the PL honest :thumbsup:

EDIT; Are we getting closer to a Euro Super League ?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No offense, but Ligue 1 is simply not on par with the best leagues in Europe such as La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A etc., few people watch Ligue 1 outside France and perhaps a few countries in Africa. That's why you don't have people complaining about the total lack of competition in that league, because people could careless.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
L1 is sucked dry of its talents every year. It's mostly a money problem.

Same goes for non-football entrepreunarial endaviour, an investment in france is a bad investment, Paris is the exception because of the prestige of the city etc, but I'm sure even QSI must be pretty discontent with all the fiscal shit.

barcafan161

PSG 19pts clear, plus a GD of +37 over Monaco in 2nd.Depressing really.

Yep, Bundesilga similar.Must be boring as fuck for the other fans.

At least Leicester are keeping the PL honest :thumbsup:

EDIT; Are we getting closer to a Euro Super League ?

Least Bayern lead is only 8.

Jair Ventura

No offense, but Ligue 1 is simply not on par with the best leagues in Europe such as La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A etc., few people watch Ligue 1 outside France and perhaps a few countries in Africa. That's why you don't have people complaining about the total lack of competition in that league, because people could careless.

There is not a lot separating the German and Italian leagues from the French in terms of competition or level of play, while only Serie A holds any advantage in viewership.

While Ligue 1 is currently in a poor state, I think it has as much if not more potential for growth than any of its peers. Once FFP is scraped, or If and when Paris wins a UCL, additional investment will flow into France elevating the competition level as wells as its profile. beIN and QSI are laying the foundations for something big, soon, more people will want to partake in the successes.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There is not a lot separating the German and Italian leagues from the French in terms of competition or level of play, while only Serie A holds any advantage in viewership.

While Ligue 1 is currently in a poor state, I think it has as much if not more potential for growth than any of its peers. Once FFP is scraped, or If and when Paris wins a UCL, additional investment will flow into France elevating the competition level as wells as its profile. beIN and QSI are laying the foundations for something big, soon, more people will want to partake in the successes.

I read claims saying the French themselves are more into rugby than football, any truth to that?

Home of Barca Fans