Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

M3ls

I don't know. For me, Flick as a coach is just a black box.

I don't want to take covid season into account.

Before Bayern, he worked as an assistant coach for the German national team. For me, football at the national team level is also not an indicator.

Then he worked on the youth teams of the German national team, if I'm not mistaken, he was the development director there.

M3ls

I have a lot of complaints about Xavi, especially because he promotes his family and friends to the coaching staff. But I am convinced that Xavi is tactically superior to Flick.
Perhaps Laporta, wanting to reconsider the course towards Germany, wants us to place more emphasis on physical training.

But in this case, why not invite a classy and eminent physical training coach?

Givenchy

Flick isn't the answer long term BUT if we actually finally move away from this archaic Barca dna shite I'm all for it.

Nazario1985

Flick won 7 trophies in one season breaking Pep's Record with FCB.

He is the manager that can put this club in the right path again since ages.

He works well with youngsters.

He is motivated for FCB as he turned down Chelsea which obviously offers him way more than FCB.

If Laporta don't get him now, he can go f*** himself.

M3ls

Let's speak in the languages of facts.

What kind of base does Flick have?

Take any ideological coach, each of them had a base.

Guardiola - Cruyff, Bielsa, Van Gaal, etc.

Arteta - Guardiola, Wenger, La Masia.

Nagelsmann - learned from the example of Tuchel, Pep and other famous German coaches. Already as a young man, he was immersed in tactical and analytical research.

Xavi - Van Gaal, La Masia, Pep, Enrique, etc.

Etc.

But who is Flick? What's behind him? Which school? What base?

M3ls

I'm not saying Flick is crap. I say that Flick as a coach is a black box for me.

In 2000 he started working with Hoffenheim. In 2005 he left his post. Does anyone know what kind of football his team played?

Then, from 2006, he was an assistant in the German national team, and held the position of director of development of youth teams of the German national team.

Since 2019, he has been Kovac's assistant. Kovacs was then fired in November '19. You know the rest of the story. Covid and 3 Bayern trophies.

Flick is 59 years old. Over the past 20 years, he has led a football CLUB or been immersed in the work of the club for 1.5 years (!!!)

Home of Barca Fans