Leicester

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I have every respect for Leicester and I am so willing them on to win the PL because of what it will do for this country.

But they are a small club - like Blackburn - so in the next 2/3 seasons I see them being a solid mid table team before succumbing to relegation. However this feat will be remembered for all time in english football and even perhaps world football and will reinvigorate the premier league, I believe so I want them to do it for them and for the rest of the country.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If they continue to take the Atletico approach, they could very well become a team that is able to fight for CL or EL every year. Their path is so similar to Atletico 13/14.

Alik

If they continue to take the Atletico approach, they could very well become a team that is able to fight for CL or EL every year. Their path is so similar to Atletico 13/14.

Atletico had been winning cups before that though. At this moment I'd most likely bet against Leicester getting CL next season, for a number of reasons.

Catalan Fan

I'm quite curious as to what will happen next season already, that's assuming Foxes can qualify for CL next season.

The chairman is quite wealthy and has shown a willingness to invest, although I doubt he could of imagined how quickly they have challenged for the CL places.No one could of envisaged this, not the fans, not the board either.

Player wise, it's quite an old squad but I'd expect them to stay for at least next season for (hopefully) CL experience.The thing is that "if" they spend to strengthen the squad, will they lose that unity they have now ? I suspect they might.

This won't last very long, but Leicester fans won't care.Living the Dream.

El Flaco

Atlético de Madrid have been a top team for several years and won a lot of titles in Spain/Europe.

Leicester on the other hand, barely manage to escape from relegation when they were promoted to PL last season.

What this EPL-team are doing is quite unique actually, can't remember last time when an another team had such a turnaround like Leicester atm.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

While I agree they should try to take Atletico approach.the fact they aren't anything close to AM in 13/14 season. the only thing they share is the surprise .

1-Historically speaking ,Atletico is a Liga powerhouse .they are along Bilbao in being the top teams behind Barca & RM .they are also one of the richest clubs in the country
2-In the last 5 years prior to their Liga title ,they won 2 UEFA Europa League,2 UEFA Super Cup,1 CDR .they finished their last season as 3rd placed,their last 5 4 years was like that
2010 :9th
2011:7th
2012:5th
2013:3rd
2014:1st .there was pattern there .
Leicester on the other hand are a club with only 3 League Cups the last one of them was 16 years ago.
3-Atletico finished in CL final that season too . they proved to be able to fight on different competetion.they were a European elite team not just domestic
Leicester was a team fighting relegation last year ,though finished 14th at the end .they were in 2nd division for 8 of the 9 years b4 it .the 9th were in 3rd division .
At best ,you can compare them to Deportivo in 2000 tbh

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I am talking about their playing style. Ranieri has managed to form a team that has a really solid defense (they developed that over the course of the season), is deadly on the counter and is superior to the rest of the league considering tactics. All with players who are extremely hungry to get better in every possible aspect and are ready to sacrifice something to play their role in the team.
That is where is see similarities to Atletico. There is no question Los Colchoneros have a totally different history and have been a Spanish top team before. You are all right about that.

El Flaco

Leicester and Ranieri on the cover of Tomorrow's Corriere dello Sport. First time in history that an Italian Sport newspaper will dedicate their cover to a club that doesn't play in Serie A.

oecxvsy.jpg

El Flaco

Ranieri tells Vardy "I need you!" at half time to motivate him

[youtube]/watch?v=47Zw8NcwrZA&nohtml5=False[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans