Leicester

F

FlaFCB

[tw]835515046872682496[/tw]

[tw]835515175885230080[/tw]

he's one of the few who didn't turn on Ranieri.

F

FlaFCB

Two days after he was fired [MENTION=21618]FlaFCB[/MENTION]

I know. His name wasn't one from the players who allegedly got him fired. Though vardy just posted a thanks too, and said he wasn't involved in any coup.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's possible that no player directly stated they wanted a new coach.

The thing is....they might have reacted indifferently as in 'Do I think we might need a new coach?....I don't know...' and then the board can interpret that as a lack of support.
And then the media works its magic...

El Flaco

Painful but the right decision was made. They would have been a laughing stock to relegate as champions. They've fluked it last season, it was always going to go downhill from there.

Tbf, winning a league campaign after 38 matches has nothing to do with fluke. Leicester lost only 3 games and where 10 points ahead of 2nd place Tottenham. Can't really deny though that many other top teams (Chelsea, United, Liverpool) were struggling for other reasons.

Last season Leicester's objective was to avoid relegation. Instead, they won the league. This season they are just back to their normal level, trying to avoid relegation.
Not really. This season, Leicester are really underwhelming. On paper, Leicester have a squad that's surely good enough to finish at least mid table.

And seeing as they are still competing, firing the manager who helped them win the league and get into the CL for the first time ever is rash.

How's their decision rash? If anything, no other manager would've been given as much time as Ranieri. Winning the league last season doesn't give Ranieri the license to getting them in relegation. They are in horrendous form, especially under 2017.

- Have scored 0 league goals
- Have lost every single game (except Everton and Derby in the cup, took extra time to beat the latter).
- Lost against League One club Millwall who where down with 10 men in 40 minutes.
- They are currently 18th place with 2 points ahead of 20th place Sunderland.

Ranieri sticked with a system that didn't work too long. He didn't bother to drop underperforming players (Huth, Morgan etc.) and made questionable subs. He never found his best XI by mid February and so on. Understandable that Leicester had to sack him.

Especially when they don't even have a replacement lined up.

Agree. They should've sacked him earlier and having his successor ready to take over in charge.

Jenks

The owners are Thai businessmen. They said that Leicester would be a top five team within three years, so maybe they're geniuses for foreseeing last year, or just delusional about how they see this year.

Morten

How quickly people forget, that Leicester really is a tiny club that belongs in the relegation battle, their position now is completely normal.
Last year was a miracle, and now they expect to suddenly be a top-mid table club? I will be cheering for their relegation now, trash club, trash supporters.

JamDav1982

How quickly people forget, that Leicester really is a tiny club that belongs in the relegation battle, their position now is completely normal.
Last year was a miracle, and now they expect to suddenly be a top-mid table club? I will be cheering for their relegation now, trash club, trash supporters.

As harsh as it was on Ranieri the decision was made to avoid relegation more than ambitions to be a top club.

They were slipping towards that relegation and had nothing about them. If they stay up now it is the right move.

Not sure what your issue with their fans is either.

Science Kid

You would know, wouldn't you?

Home of Barca Fans