Lautaro Martinez

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Can someone explain what expected goals rate (xG per 90) actually mean?

It's how many goals someone should statistically score based on the quantity and quality opportunities they have per 90mins of football played, useless statistic on its own.
If your xg is substantially higher than your actual goals per 90m it basically means you have shit finishing.
Obviouslly with all statistical models they have flaws.

Moe

powered by;
It's how many goals someone should statistically score based on the quantity and quality opportunities they have per 90mins of football played, useless statistic on its own.
If your xg is substantially higher than your actual goals per 90m it basically means you have shit finishing.
Obviouslly with all statistical models they have flaws.

Oh alright thanks for explaining

vuji_31

Does not show anything. Stupid stats.

This guy is clerly not a natural goalscorer.
Hard pass.

Keep Suarez instead spending money on this guy

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Id rather rely on Ansu who actually can make it at Barca being a striker than get this bum or Suarez for another season.

M3ls

Big European clubs including Bayern, which openly declare this, use this advanced statistic, but a couple of idiots from the internet forum think that this statistic is useless.

Tackle

Big European clubs including Bayern, which openly declare this, use this advanced statistic, but a couple of idiots from the internet forum think that this statistic is useless.

Okay.

Let's take a look at the stats:

40uYeP7.png

They show that Jesus is not even better then current Suarez. Output (key passes, goals, assists) is virtually identically. Suarez takes fewer shots and is a better finisher. Jesus is better in build-up play and more mobile.

I think we should look for better.

khaled_a_d

You seem to think they value same statistics you use, value them same way you are and interpreting them same way like you do.
Every club will have advanced stats for sure. It doesn't mean they are basing decisions and player evaluation like you do.
Football is one of the most difficult sports to interpret based on stats, hell even stat oriented sports like Basketball stats can be very deceiving, never mind every few year a new advanced stats will pop that contradict the former stats.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I very much welcome the use of advanced analytics and stats in football, but to base everything around it when it comes to judging a player is just asking for trouble.

Gabriel Jesus is a very talented player, and I jumped on that hype train when he was in Brazil, but he has issues putting it all together and making it count when it matters the most in terms of actual productivity.

That's the reason Man City are open to listening to offers for him and are linked with Lautaro Martinez and Haaland. They don't think G. Jesus has what it takes to succeed Aguero.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There's some reports that he won't sign for Barca this season, but next season instead as Inter won't allow him to leave.

If that's the case I hope Barca uses the money they saved up for him on Alaba, a CB and a RB instead.

mc_lovin

Seems like he's having a terrible game vs Roma.

Yeah, but Inter as a whole is depressing to watch, puts our "misery" into perspective:
1) They literally have no midfield. Just watch random 10 minutes from the match today and be amazed how clueless a team can look.
2) Their defense are clowns. Three at the back is shit. Thank god Setien put that behind him.
3) Handanovic is shocking whenever I watched him. They should be all over Neto.
4) Ashley Young has disproportional amounts of time on the ball.

To Lautaro:
His positioning is weird as fuck, as is Sanchezs. Both are far too wide - you would expect one of them to play between the CBs. No idea what the idea is there. I guess to compensate the lack of decent wings or a side effect of Contes terrible 3-5-2. I dont want to excuse him too much, and lately my doubts are growing, but I wont judge a player in such a team (post Corona). Inter is as bad as Argentina at their worst. He looked great when Inter was clicking.

(I watched the first half today and then gave up)

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Yeah, but Inter as a whole is depressing to watch, puts our "misery" into perspective:
1) They literally have no midfield. Just watch random 10 minutes from the match today and be amazed how clueless a team can look.
2) Their defense are clowns. Three at the back is shit. Thank god Setien put that behind him.
3) Handanovic is shocking whenever I watched him. They should be all over Neto.
4) Ashley Young has disproportional amounts of time on the ball.

To Lautaro:
His positioning is weird as fuck, as is Sanchezs. Both are far too wide - you would expect one of them to play between the CBs. No idea what the idea is there. I guess to compensate the lack of decent wings or a side effect of Contes terrible 3-5-2. I dont want to excuse him too much, and lately my doubts are growing, but I wont judge a player in such a team (post Corona). Inter is as bad as Argentina at their worst. He looked great when Inter was clicking.

(I watched the first half today and then gave up)

Your commitment to him is impressive, if half our older players had that type of commitment we might of won something this year.

Home of Barca Fans