Lautaro Martinez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can we at least get rid of Luis Suarez then?

If you're signing a player for this much you might as well go all-in.

Messi983

Yeah, I could support his signing more (eventhough I still think he'll be massively overpaid and is not what we need) if Suarez would leave but we all know it won't happen.

fergus90

If this guy wasn't Argentinian and hadn't played with Messi he wouldn't even be remotely considered. Because his goal scoring abilities are distinctly average really.

Riordon

I wouldn't even take him for 20m. He is just not the player we need and not good enough. Another player like Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez who wants the ball at the feet and is "good at building up". But who will all of these players eventually build up play to? Who will run for their passes?

I promise you within a month or two with this guy here he will be regarded as Griezmann, Dembele and Coutinho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has all the traits to be a great player like a harder working Aguero, but the resume is very poor. I guess we need to hope it just clicks for him here.

Batistuta9

He isn't a natural born finisher like aguero, but he gets a lot of chances and misses a lot of sitters. I'm 50/50 on him, he's still young and finishing is something that can be improved. His game is more similar to tevez imo.

FinBarcelonafan

I wouldn't even take him for 20m. He is just not the player we need and not good enough. Another player like Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez who wants the ball at the feet and is "good at building up". But who will all of these players eventually build up play to? Who will run for their passes?

I promise you within a month or two with this guy here he will be regarded as Griezmann, Dembele and Coutinho.

True. Another player for the wrong role. He will be a supersub in no time.

FinBarcelonafan

A lot of Lautaros goals are headers. Not sure he would score those with Barca. Most of his goals are headers and penalties. He seems okay in the box though.

He does have nice speed though. He would be better for counters.

Riordon

Its like when we brought Dembele, it was clear his first touch nor off ball movement was pretty poor in Dortmund. But the majority of us believed it could improve. It didn't. I also hoped Coutinho could play as a interior and improve his workrate off the ball and play faster. He didn't. Now I really want to believe Lautaro will improve his finishing but finishing is difficult to improve, its a natural trait. Look at Greenwood.

When we pay that kind of money, IMO we shouldn't hope/believe they can improve such big weakness, we should focus on players who play to their strengths. Doesn't really make sense for me to pay that kind of money and hope his finishing improve.

JohnN

I say get all our flops in and let them demote us to segunda..
Umtiti, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Martinez.. throw in Busi, Raki and Suarez and we are there!

FinBarcelonafan

Its like when we brought Dembele, it was clear his first touch nor off ball movement was pretty poor in Dortmund. But the majority of us believed it could improve. It didn't. I also hoped Coutinho could play as a interior and improve his workrate off the ball and play faster. He didn't. Now I really want to believe Lautaro will improve his finishing but finishing is difficult to improve, its a natural trait. Look at Greenwood.

When we pay that kind of money, IMO we shouldn't hope/believe they can improve such big weakness, we should focus on players who play to their strengths. Doesn't really make sense for me to pay that kind of money and hope his finishing improve.

True. I believed we could improve Dembeles first touch and bad passing but we couldn't in three years. When you spend hundred million, find the right fit from the start.. these guys should be top top players BUT they need right role too like Griezmann for example.

Dembele worked well becaude Dortmund's system always makes their offence look better than what they are. They play very high line and risk the defense to contribute offensively. Makes your offense look good and then you can sell them for a great price. Dembele came in as a very flawed footballer because Dortmund only developed his offensive skills. He is not total footballer.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans