Lautaro Martinez

BBZ8800

Might as well close the club since according to you everybody is destined to flop here. Why don't you tell us who could we realistically sign at winger or forward position to rejuvenate this team?

Hasn't it occurred to you that maybe the reason why everybody flops here is because we are run by sheer incompetents?

My picks are Haaland and Salah.

Good players, right mentality, quite fast, nice IQ.

If we want to pay 115m for Lautaro, Haaland can't be more expensive.

serghei

My picks are Haaland and Salah.

Good players, right mentality, quite fast, nice IQ.

If we want to pay 115m for Lautaro, Haaland can't be more expensive.

Salah is out of the question and he can't be signed. Nobody knows what is Haaland's price right now. Doubt Dortmund will see so soon unless it's an obscene offer, or unless he has a release clause.

I want Haaland as well. I'd pay 250m. for Haaland and Sancho personally.

Signing Liverpool's players after Klopp runs them to the max for 3-4 years is risky. We'd pay over the moon and you can never be sure just how much is Klopp's influence related to their level at the moment. Let's not forget that Coutinho was playing some great football under Klopp and he turned out to be a flop for us. Besides, Salah is kind of too old for my liking. I think we should aim for 23-24 years old players. Players who can use for a full cycle, which is 4-5 years.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

In regards to another name linked with a move to Barça, Leo gave his opinion on his countryman Lautaro Martinez. "He's spectacular. He's got a lot of impressive qualities. I can see he's going to become a great player, he's exploded onto the scene now and is showing what he's capable of. He's very strong, beats his man and scores goals. He'll fight with anyone in the box, holds onto the ball, and can produce moments by himself. He's got a lot of quality and is a very complete player," confirmed Messi.

Asked whether a forward line of Messi, Luis Suarez and Lautaro is possible at Barça: "It would be incredible to all play together. I hope that they could all come here and we could fight for everything, including the Champions League. Lautaro has a lot in common with Luis, both are ready strong and use their bodies well, holding onto the ball. They both score goals too. They are very similar."

Leo praising Lautaro in his MD-interview.

Last edited:

serghei

Messi wants Lautaro, and Neymar, on top of Suarez and him. Does he know you can't play with 4 forwards? :lol:

Or maybe it's more in the line of "Bring me Neymar, or if you can't, bring me Lautaro at least. Don't return empty handed".

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi wants Lautaro, and Neymar, on top of Suarez and him. Does he know you can't play with 4 forwards? :lol:

Or maybe it's more in the line of "Bring me Neymar, or if you can't, bring me Lautaro at least. Don't return empty handed".

Messi will have to help us finance getting both if that's what he wants.

I really don't get why Messi is so hell bent on bringing back Neymar.

behindbrowneyes

I think we desperately need a new number 9, but we don't have a winger. Suárez, Griezmann and Messi all are roaming in the center of the pitch so it might be smarter to sign a winger and a quality CB this summer and a #9 in summer 2021. Can't repair everything in one summer after making mistakes in the past.

I'd love to count on Dembélé, but with his recent injury I've lost my last optimism.

serghei

I think we desperately need a new number 9, but we don't have a winger. Suárez, Griezmann and Messi all are roaming in the center of the pitch so it might be smarter to sign a winger and a quality CB this summer and a #9 in summer 2021. Can't repair everything in one summer after making mistakes in the past.

I'd love to count on Dembélé, but with his recent injury I've lost my last optimism.

A winger. Sure. Just not a 28 year old buffoon who betrayed the club.

serghei

I couldn't agree more. There is no room for nostalgia in this business.

Exactly. I see it that way too. You need to be cynic sometimes. The club is bigger than any player and things are forever moving forwards. We will all remember the golden era with great fondness but we need to look forward.

Neeraj

What I don't get is, aside from the completely circus like drama that he caused on his way out, he's only regressed since going to QSG. More injuries, more drama, more bullshit. AND he's older. Why on earth would anyone outside of Messi and amigos want him back?

Barcilliant

What I don't get is, aside from the completely circus like drama that he caused on his way out, he's only regressed since going to QSG. More injuries, more drama, more bullshit. AND he's older. Why on earth would anyone outside of Messi and amigos want him back?

Totally agree. What I don't understand is Qsg putting up with all his bs. I would have thought they would have sold him by now. I think it's just ego.

vuji_31

I was reading true the begging of this thread , and see massive hype then just flop...
Well if you ask me 111 millions for 13 goals in Seria A where Immobile scores 25 goals at the same time says all about Seria A.
Immobile was shit everywhere he played in Europe and in Italy he is good.

And I need to say he scored 13 goals...111 for him while he have also 7 yellows and 2 red cards...That would be so stupid.

Griezmann is not going anywhere at least one season.He can be striker.Also I think Suarez could be decent from the bench.

Lautaro is not fastest , he is good on the ball but I just dont see him being new Suarez at least not now.

Just buy Werner who can cover LW and ST option because striker is not our biggest problem.
It is CB,CM and LW.

I would sell Coutinho and Dembele, and buy Werner plus some young talent which is great dribbler.
Someone who can take few players easy and assist.

Arnaez

I like him, he has a long way to go but he's good physically and technically. The fee would be crazy but there's a real lack of talent atm.

Home of Barca Fans