Lautaro Martinez

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Problem is that Inter has 12 league games remaining and BM has 11 league games remaining so the advantage is basically not there anymore.

It'll be difficult since Kane has 4 more goals than Lautaro but lets hope.

Meh thought both have the same amount of matches so far, then it will be very very tough...at least Pichichi should be safe :lamine:

Temptation

Can someone describe his game for me?

I have an idea but would like a second opinion from someone who watches him more often.

ajnotkeith

Can someone describe his game for me?

I have an idea but would like a second opinion from someone who watches him more often.
Hes a very interesting player. I have watched Inter a lot so I can leave you a long analysis in a few hours when I am free to write it.
For a top striker, he has a very unique profile, but I'd say his game is mainly centred on three things :

Movement
Touch
Use of body/strength (proprioception)

He knows how to use his frame very well inside the box and to move through and around defenders which lets him get to goalscoring opportunities, he can also play with his back to goal this way despite being short, and his movement and touch is whats key in allowing him to create space for shooting and not waste good service. He is special in that he's one of the only strikers who is this good without really having much physical upside (he is not fast, not the most agile and has okay strength).

He is basically all skill. Contrasted with players like Osimhen or Haaland who lean heavily on their physical ability.

In some ways Roque reminds me of him except Roque is physically better and technically worse (especially in touch).
Lautaro also has that gritty fighting style that you see from South American strikers sometimes, he hustles for every opportunity and can let his teammates play off him, although he has been closer to the goal with Inter this season since they no longer have Lukaku.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Easy to say now but it was quite obvious he would be out of his groove after he failed to pick up the ball on his way to the penalty spot. Looked awkward and it added to his nerves.

slicknick

So glad Barca didn't go for him in the end, would've been another monumental shit transfer for the club.
Makes two of us… Never understood the hype about him, and I did watch him on a number of occasions. Perhaps I need to watch more Serie A, to find out what I’m missing

Fati_Future_BallonDor

So glad Barca didn't go for him in the end, would've been another monumental shit transfer for the club.

I think he is a great tier 2 striker, had lots of amazing finishings in serie a matches but needs to step up more in big cl matches and improve his penalty skills to become a tier 1 striker

Home of Barca Fans