La Liga Round 9: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nonsense
Was a very good quality game of football from RM who realised their plan to the T. It's only that they have a manager who thinks this team is ready to blow every lead every second and gets scared of staying on front foot with old midfielders. Could have still played like this longer in first half, but chose to sit back and let Garcia and Kounde play their awful passes ahead of the block

Game was literally mercy from RM

Yeah right, you are so full of it after all, saying you should have scored 4-5 in the first half when your shots on goal were 3.

You talked the Morten-ish pessimistic jinx garbage before the game and boast with this type of "we had it all under control" shit after you won which I will give to you, without a lot of effort, sure. Of course you would say "it had been our plan all along". Sure, it had been your plan all those games when you won but played like shit. Madrid is the king of playing poorly and winning, I concur.

Richard.H

As soon as I saw Busi in the starting lineup I didn't bother watching the match. I haven't seen so many disappointments in this club since the Gaspart days. I honestly may start just casually watch here and there until the club stops the obsession with Barca DNA and starts employing competent coaches/employees with no nepotism involved.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah right, you are so full of it after all, saying you should have scored 4-5 in the first half when your shots on goal were 3.

Doesnt matter what the shots on goal stat was
Barca were shite and Real underperformed hugely of own volition rather than by actually being poor. They weren't poor, did well playing conservative as expected.
Several good examples in that game where they slowed the tempo rather than mounting an attack
It's really Carlo MO for big game when plays Kroos-Modrić who have no pace or energy to come back during a counter and help Tchou cover fullbacks out of position
Should have scored far more in second half even if didn't shoot on goal on back of Barca being absolutely hopeless getting the ball out the back

You talked the Morten-ish pessimistic jinx garbage before the game and boast with this type of "we had it all under control" shit after you won which I will give to you, without a lot of effort, sure. Of course you would say "it had been our plan all along". Sure, it had been your plan all those games when you won but played like shit. Madrid is the king of playing poorly and winning, I concur.

The two are absolutely consistent with one another
RM are uninspiring and 'boring' even but that doesn't mean they're terrible
They are known to raise their game despite form in CL and can do so for some Clasicos.
I thought we'd choke it vs Barca, but after Inter game which was pivotal for momentum standpoint (result the other way vs Inter would have swung this tie in Barca favour) I haven't said anything because I knew this does more damage to Barca than it helps RM and it's exactly what it was.
Barca had several injuries and a coach who is stubborn to death playing Busquets who singlehandedly fucked many many goals including first one tonight where didn't even foul Kroos when should have once beaten

Game was under control by RM for large swathes of it until about time of subs around 60th minute
Removing Busquets did wonders for Barca's middle of park and RM mounted 2-3 moves through wings via Fede and Vinicius

All in all this was a good display of consistency, but it pisses people off to no end to see how RM CONSTANTLY take foot of gas when either scoring to make it 1-0 or just see that they have the ball and opponent isnt threatening in that moment

The team doesn't seem in an improvement path. It's more likely the opposite as there are so many negative signs that get repeated and confirmed over and over.
We still wait when that [so-called] decade of dominance will start !

Mrgandalf

Curious member
I tried so hard that these last two games don't make my mood worse than it is. I tried to remind myself that this is just football and the lives of my loved ones here in Iran are more important than a few minutes of fun for my team. But it seems that it got even worse :))

JerseyAddict

Our wingers are predictable. Just double on them and prevent from cutting in. Beat the shit of Lewy. And let Busi lead the ball.
It is so easy to predict Xavi's game plan.

El Gato

Villarato!
What were the numbers?

image.png

0.56 for Ferran goal
0.2 or so for Lewy miss
Rest are 0.1 or lower

RM only have the Vini miss on Benzema goal and Rodrygo pen

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
FWIW these stats make Barca look good and unlucky

Which is hilarious because couldn't be further from the truth

Birdy

FWIW these stats make Barca look good and unlucky

Which is hilarious because couldn't be further from the truth

No it's not.
You created only 1 significant chance with Vini, the rebound of which was the 1st goal

You can argue you would have had more of this, if you were not leading, but that's a different argument, and no one knows if that's true

FfNBY9kaMAAPvXf

Look also at the difference in xT

Not arguing we played some magnificent game, but RM were bad as well, just took their chances

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans