La Liga Round 5: Barca - Real Betis 5-0

Andresito

Staff member
It's our second home game with attendances being woeful in the first. Hopefully the Catalans are back to fill up the stadium.

It's been rumoured that there will be rotations as to not underestimate next week's CL opener against Antwerp.
Players like Íñigo Martínez, Ferran Torres, Fermín Lopez, Marcos Alonso and Sergi Roberto all have serious chances of starting against Betis. @Sport

Still, I don't think it'll be an easy game. Wouldn't rotate too much as the players should be relatively fresh still. Raphinha the only one who arrives late from the break, so Lamine might be starting this one as well.

JamDav1982

Betis are not a good side. This should be an easy win and foot off pedal before midweek game.

Most of the players had decent break before back and although Spain players on today they have less travel.

More chance Xavi rotates v Antwerp if anything would guess.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Games after internationals are tricky but I agree about rotations. We should have enough power to overcome Betis with reduced strength.

Neeraj

I was thinking about going to the game this weekend, but I can't afford too many games this season and so I have to be wary of choosing a game where I might have to see BOB on the pitch....Also, I know he came on in the previous game, but what's up with Inigo, is he back to 100% fitness?

Andresito

Staff member
Start Ferran at LW with Gavi, Frenkie and Oriol in midfield. Don't see another option. Felix can come on early in the second half with Ferran moving to RW.

All I know is Ferran deserves a start. What's the man gotta do more?

serghei

Both Ferran and Raphinha should start. He started 2 times for Brazil, sure, but he's a physical player so he can take it no problems.

Home of Barca Fans