La Liga | Round 31: Levante - FC Barcelona 2-3

serghei

I don't see a problem in Nico starting. Pedri needs some rest, and Gavi has had a slight dip in form. Nico is the obvious choice to start this game.

True. Can't commit errors of the past with Pedri and play him non-stop, then expect him to be active and energetic all the time. Not at 19 anyway.

Bobo32

Undeserved? When is he supposed to start? When he scores a goal during the 10 min he usually gets?

Xavi clearly sees potential in him and gives him a fair chance surrounded by the gala XI, even ahead of Gavi. Those who Xavi deem deserve it are given playing time.

His position is not about scoring goals.
Until recently, he had featured in EVERY game this season. It is only lately that he doesn't automatically get to play some, but it is very long since he actually looked fit for it. He does a flashy turn and dribble here and there, but most of the time he looks too slow both physically and in the head, he has impressed less with every game he played pretty much this year.
Yeah it is a fine choice from Xavi to play Nico today, but very undeserved based on his performance in games, that's what I said.

Horatio

You're welcome
Undeserved? When is he supposed to start? When he scores a goal during the 10 min he usually gets?

Xavi clearly sees potential in him and gives him a fair chance surrounded by the gala XI, even ahead of Gavi. Those who Xavi deem deserve it are given playing time.

Yes. Xavi treating him fairly. Reminds me of Koeman. Thank you.

ajnotkeith

His position is not about scoring goals.
Until recently, he had featured in EVERY game this season. It is only lately that he doesn't automatically get to play some, but it is very long since he actually looked fit for it. He does a flashy turn and dribble here and there, but most of the time he looks too slow both physically and in the head, he has impressed less with every game he played pretty much this year.
Yeah it is a fine choice from Xavi to play Nico today, but very undeserved based on his performance in games, that's what I said.
I don't think Nico is great but it's not true he has gotten a lot of time, he gets subbed on for like 5 minutes a game. That 'every game' stat is painfully out of context.

I think vs Levante it's fine for him to play here whilst Pedri needs rest and Gavi has had a lot more prominence.

Messigician

The last time Barcelona won an away game against Levante was in 2018. Ernesto Valverde was Bar?a's coach and Messi scored a hat trick in a 5-0 win.

Chills

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Very undeserved start for Nico just based on the games, but it is probably good to give Pedri a little bit of a rest, and it is good to keep Nico match fit.

Is Gavi fit and available? He was pretty shit besides a few dribble attempts last game just as Pedri, but I'd probably rather see him than Nico still.

Last time he started a game was vs Gala at home, his chance was bound to come

JamDav1982

Nico played more before Pedri came back and Koemans tactics suited him better to get ball deeper and drive or move up park.

Xavi has him staying up park to support the attacking players more in same way Pedri does. Would imagine that is how it will be tonight again unless both he and Frenkie more box to box which would be a change of tactics.

Bobo32

I don't think Nico is great but it's not true he has gotten a lot of time, he gets subbed on for like 5 minutes a game. That 'every game' stat is painfully out of context.

I think vs Levante it's fine for him to play here whilst Pedri needs rest and Gavi has had a lot more prominence.

It is fine but undeserved. He started games against both Galatasaray and Napoli, but was mostly subbed in with around 20 minutes left, never leaving an impression other than being a bit slow and not managing to influence either offensively or defensively. Only lately he was given three subs with 5mins or less, before that it was at least 10 minutes every time.

mc_lovin

It is fine but undeserved. He started games against both Galatasaray and Napoli, but was mostly subbed in with around 20 minutes left, never leaving an impression other than being a bit slow and not managing to influence either offensively or defensively. Only lately he was given three subs with 5mins or less, before that it was at least 10 minutes every time.

If you apply the same standard to Puig... oh boy :lol:

Messigician

The last time Barcelona won an away game against Levante was in 2018. Ernesto Valverde was Bar?a's coach and Messi scored a hat trick in a 5-0 win.

Horatio

You're welcome

malvolio

Was always a tough ground for us. Levante like to play dirty and crowd was lively.

Home of Barca Fans