La Liga Round 3: FC Barcelona - Real Valladolid 4-0

Sooke

Well, it was Real, but not from Madrid. I would like to see this kind of performance against the whites, Sevilla and Atletico.
Great game. Some question marks about the starting XI. Araujo is good player, but he should start alongside Kounde at the center. S.Roberto and Balde at the flanks. And instead of Busy and Gavi, I would love to see FDJ and Kessie. Very good substitutions at the right time. Brilliant play from our front three. Lewandowski is playing as his best times. Four goals already in three matches. WOW!
Let's keep this momentum to the next game.

Sailor Mars

Valladolid were extremely poor and hardly created anything except for those 3 attempts around the 70th minute.

Felt like a training session.

gregorrin10

Eric Garcia never to be trusted. If Christansan can deliver as our LCB then we are back. I would even play Pique over untrustworthy Garcia

You're being highly unfair to the lad. He's been class this season so far, hasn't put a foot wrong so far. Had a good full preseason, and it really shows. His passing is immense (always has been), and he's even bulked up over the summer to the point of not being bullied by every average attacker out there anymore. His growing confidence is really showing even to the point of his leadership personality from the youth teams coming back out again. Of course he still needs to replicate these kind of performances against the top teams and attackers too, to really earn the fans trust, but early signs this season are very promising. If he continues like this, he could become a reliable and maybe even a very good option for us.

In any case, for now he can play against all the weaker teams (where we're expected to dominate possession and need to break up the opponent's deep defensive line) no problem, his high ball playing ability and being used (even preferring) to playing LCB makes him the best fit for the position right now, maybe even better than putting one of Araujo or Kounde there (since one of them will have quite the adjustment to make, when we do start playing them as our CB pair), at least until a permanent RB doesn't come in and we're playing Kounde there anyway.

Christensen is a good fit at LCB too, but he seems to be a peculiar case in terms of availability (not necessarily injuries, but other health problems, which makes him miss games here and there), which in combination with Kounde also arriving later in the preseason and not being able to play the first two games gave Garcia a chance to prove himself in the first place, and he's taking it very well so far.

Pique over Garcia though, especially this current Garcia? :facepalm: Well that's just sad. The level of stupidity, I mean. :lol::lol::lol:

pers

RV was very weak. I don't like the fact that Barca had so many corners and 0 goals or dangerous situation.

Iniesta Ultra

Counted at least three terrible long passes from Araujo, dunno why he's doing any when Garcia's competent to do them. Contrary to all the typical fanfare here Raphinha nor Gavi could beat RV defenders around the box nor could they combine with anyone to create anything except a non-threatening corner. No tiki-taka anywhere, midfield mostly closed, won't get far in CL with this.

FinBarcelonafan

Araujo needs to practice long passes. Game at home Vs Valladolid is the best chance to practise. He won't improve otherwise. I assume he's been advised to try those.

pers

I don't know but I had feeling as long as Araujo played as CB Barcelona def looked good. As soon as he was out we were in troubles. maybe coincident but still...

Horatio

You're welcome
I didn't mean to downplay the win. But we have to realize that this Real team is at the 19-th spot.

Haha I was poking a bit of fun at the phrase since I thought it was a bit arbitrary since a handful of teams have Real in their name. So not all that special to play against one. Don't mind me.

Home of Barca Fans