La Liga | Round 29: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 0-4

Porque

I think both teams will go with 4 midfielders.

EDIT.

Madrid lineup is confirmed.

Courtois, Carvajal, Militao, Alaba, Nacho, Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Valverde, Vini Jr y Rodrygo.

Horatio

You're welcome
Issue is…I see us play great football dominating most game, but misconduct from defensive player or ter stegen and all were for nigh.

Devils

FOUE8DfXsAM1nH6

Araujo RB.

Stunning.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Damn. Looks like Xavi inherited Pep's "let's experiment at the worst time" gene :lol:

Let's see how it works out.

Porque

Interesting that Xavi option with a soft centre ahead of starting with Alves at RB.

Could it be a misjudgement as Vini will probably be playing more down the centre with Benzema missing. Is it more vulnerable to target Alves with Araujo covering or Eric with Pique/Alba is the question.

Also, Frenkie gets the nod ahead of Gavi. I'd have expected a 4 man mid to combat Madrids and a front two of Ferran-Auba/Dembele. But let's see. Xavi went with a braver setup.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

With no Benz, we can live with that.

However, if Benz played and we went with Pique-Garcia, oh boy we would be fucked.

Bobo32

I expect a dominating and crushing performance from Barcelona.

The main issue is their midfield, it is of very high class. Vinicius is fast but should be handled with ease if only their midfield is outperformed.
A potential issue is Courtois who could play very well and make it difficult to score.

Devils

Would have preferred to see Araujo play central, but I can understand playing him there to contain Vini.

I always get nervous seeing Eric Garcia in our starting line-up, even if it is against a relegation level team. Never a good sign.

Porque

I expect a dominating and crushing performance from Barcelona.

The main issue is their midfield, it is of very high class. Vinicius is fast but should be handled with ease if only their midfield is outperformed.
A potential issue is Courtois who could play very well and make it difficult to score.

Hope so.

I think Madrid will dominate the midfield (Busi-FdJ-Busi too slow, spaced and passive) while our front trio being a turnover machine compared to having Gavi and Adama there.

But Xavi is a bolder man than I, and I hope he is rewarded for it.

Home of Barca Fans