La Liga Round 28: Atletico - Barca 0-3

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What? Last season we lost 1 one game in the league without him and if you carry it over to this season it's probably now at 2.

If anything has been proven over the last 18-24 months is that he isn't as fundamental as his fans think.

If he comes back and we win the CL, his fanboys will try to bend time and space to tell us, how it's because of De jong that we won.

Frankie played as dm in many games we lost. That's a factor as well. Not his position so can't take a lot of blame.

And I say this as not such a big fan of Frankie.

Horatio

You're welcome
What? Last season we lost 1 one game in the league without him and if you carry it over to this season it's probably now at 2.

If anything has been proven over the last 18-24 months is that he isn't as fundamental as his fans think.

If he comes back and we win the CL, his fanboys will try to bend time and space to tell us, how it's because of De jong that we won.

Let’s wait

jamrock

Let’s wait
That's over the entire time he's been here, when we were beyond.

I'm referring to this past 2 seasons.

Last season we literally lost one game in the league while he was out and we were neck and neck with Madrid at the beginning of the season again while he was out.

Idk how many we've lost this season while he was out, I'd be willing to say probably only 1 again, 2 max.

He's a good player that we will need against PSG, but he was never and will never be the key.

serghei

Pedri should look at Cubarsi and get back to his incisive vertical passes. That's how you overcome pace.

Are we playing better without Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie? Well maybe we have more offensive outlets because Xavi isn't playing a midfielder at AML. And with Cubarsi in defence we have switched to his distribution compensating for that.

But more likely is that we have finally stepped up our conversions or xG. Lewy is back in form and the goal he scored is not a high % scoring chance. Then you have Fermin getting two from midfield.

So I'd say the biggest factor is converting the scoring chances before the opponents do changing the matches complexion more than anything.

True, better conversion and no more crazy blunders in defense from Kounde, Araujo, Christensen and that shaky Pena. Those are enough for the team to kick up a full gear.

serghei

No player is truly great enough in this team to be fundamental imo. But out of anyone, I'd say De Jong and Araujo fit that description the best.

jamrock

Fact that we are playing better now with all 3 out is a bit of a coincidence, they are all very good to great talents when fit and in good form.

Plus now we play with more width now, trying to force all 4 into the team is probably not a great idea all the time.

It's a testament to the team and coach that we continue to adapt, we are also now taking our chances which we weren't at the beginning of the season and our keeper is finally finding some form, plus we don't have a clown in goal anymore.

serghei

Only problem of De Jong that can hurt us is that he sometimes tries to be the hero and leaves spaces for the opponent to exploit. He needs to actually play like a defensive-oriented player and sacrifice his urge for fancy action up front. Just keep it simple and do your job, without trying to overcomplicate things.

Joan

Sorry bro. Was from 15 min ago but remained in my template. Didnt realize it. That was wrong.
:lol: don't worry

Obviously taking the piss here. Frenkie is a very good player and among Barca's best. But also think we'd manage to replace him just fine. Not as great nor important as some imply.

jamrock

:lol: don't worry

Obviously taking the piss here. Frenkie is a very good player and among Barca's best. But also think we'd manage to replace him just fine. Not as great nor important as some imply.
I've been telling them for years, he's gonna be so easily replaced, we won't miss him.

More or starting to come around now.

Very good player though.

jamrock

No player is truly great enough in this team to be fundamental imo. But out of anyone, I'd say De Jong and Araujo fit that description the best.

For this team

MATS
Araujo
Gundogan.

We are fucked without those 3.

Maybe curbarsi to how he's playing lol.

Home of Barca Fans