La Liga Round 15: FC Barcelona - Espanyol 1-1

Gari

Everything is the same. The match is controlled, but this is Espanyol. Laos decided to let Fati kill.

Co0ter

More of the same, we look pretty bad. Luckily, Espa?yol is still much worse. Roberto and Alba made a lot of runs early on which was great, De Jong playing well. More of Pedri and Gavi passing around aimlessly with almost no penetration or creativity...and vs one of the most out of form teams in Spain.

I'm not a huge fan of Xavi, but the coaching can be bad and good players still shine... especially against opposition this terrible.

kattanib

More of the same, we look pretty bad. Luckily, Espa?yol is still much worse. Roberto and Alba made a lot of runs early on which was great, De Jong playing well. More of Pedri and Gavi passing around aimlessly with almost no penetration or creativity...and vs one of the most out of form teams in Spain.

I'm not a huge fan of Xavi, but the coaching can be bad and good players still shine... especially against opposition this terrible.

The exact opposite.. its coaching instructions that make even bad players shine. Pep had the likes of Jonathen and Kieta as heros and Maradona made Messi look like ape shit

Gari

main question to Xavi: how are we going to win decisive matches? We score a little, the defense is shaky, the midfield does not control the game. There are no counterattacks, no long-range shots, no penetration magic, no speed. There is only Stegen. The coach must answer.

Co0ter

The exact opposite.. its coaching instructions that make even bad players shine. Pep had the likes of Jonathen and Kieta as heros and Maradona made Messi look like ape shit

Of course a good coach like Pep or Klopp can make average players look better than what they are.

That much is obvious.

What I'm saying is despite BAD coaching, top midfield players can still shine. Find and run into space, dribble into open area to pull players towards them and disrupt formations, vertically pass the ball off RL9 and run towards him for a pass back or give and go to also disrupt formations. Make obvious passes to fullbacks making runs. They just both fail to do that regularly.

Xavi tactics are awful, but I can't figure out if their horrible positioning is just Xavi, or them, or both...because De Jong is sitting back in DM role and Pedri and Gavi are often almost as far back as him and often ON THE SAME SIDE of the field.

Like wtf is this shit.

Home of Barca Fans