• Atletico de Madrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sevilla

• Other

• Total voters

fergus90

La Liga has quite a few issues that prevent a newbie from picking it over other leagues.

How the games are officiated makes it very off putting for a neutral. You imagine someone completely knew to football watched Arsenal vs United, Dortmund vs Augsburg and then the Barca and Madrid games today. In terms of pure spectacle, the La liga games are finishing last.

La Liga in general suffers from:

- allowing too much time wasting and theatrics, the game is not fluid enough, this has gotten progressively worse.
- The fair play rules whilst good intentioned are just handicapping teams because the rest of Europe is not being governed as strictly. You then get news about clubs struggling to register players, right up to the eve of the weekend games. Makes the whole thing look amateur.
- Not really having any superstars in their prime years, to build rivalries or narratives.
- Not getting money pumped in from PL clubs, because in recent years they've gone to Bundesliga or Ligue 1 clubs for their bigger signings or young talents.

When you consider just a few years ago it was just as strong as the PL it's been quite the downfall. For it's own good, Tebas needs replacing.

Gnidrologist

That's pushing cart before the horse. Imagine if Everton/Forrest would have to field mostly english players of their stature like bottom ll teams do.

JamDav1982

The EPL is a brand within itself.

Games between any sides will bring in interest and be watched.

There is far more familiarity and interest for EPL from top to bottom than anywhere else.

Even the likes of FPL helps the brand and interest in all teams.

Other countries cant compete with how much those in the UK are willing to pay to watch EPL and have an interest in all the teams.

La Liga doesnt come close on that at home or abroad

Kul_z

La Liga has quite a few issues that prevent a newbie from picking it over other leagues.

How the games are officiated makes it very off putting for a neutral. You imagine someone completely knew to football watched Arsenal vs United, Dortmund vs Augsburg and then the Barca and Madrid games today. In terms of pure spectacle, the La liga games are finishing last.

La Liga in general suffers from:

- allowing too much time wasting and theatrics, the game is not fluid enough, this has gotten progressively worse.
- The fair play rules whilst good intentioned are just handicapping teams because the rest of Europe is not being governed as strictly. You then get news about clubs struggling to register players, right up to the eve of the weekend games. Makes the whole thing look amateur.
- Not really having any superstars in their prime years, to build rivalries or narratives.
- Not getting money pumped in from PL clubs, because in recent years they've gone to Bundesliga or Ligue 1 clubs for their bigger signings or young talents.

When you consider just a few years ago it was just as strong as the PL it's been quite the downfall. For it's own good, Tebas needs replacing.

I knew the downfall was in very critical phase as soon the younger people i know started with fantasy football or whatever the name is of that. Creating groups, talking about everton, wovles, any player that is not that costly so you can put him in your 11 because you already put de bruyne and salah in your line up, you get notifications when first games of that matchday begins, how players performed and you get points based on their performance. You have millions of people suddenly searching for the best rb in the relegation zone bracket, in no time people know at least 6,7 players that play for burnley. Ask them to name 6,7 players that play for any club outside of atleti, real and barca. You'd be surprised

Horatio

You're welcome
I knew the downfall was in very critical phase as soon the younger people i know started with fantasy football or whatever the name is of that. Creating groups, talking about everton, wovles, any player that is not that costly so you can put him in your 11 because you already put de bruyne and salah in your line up, you get notifications when first games of that matchday begins, how players performed and you get points based on their performance. You have millions of people suddenly searching for the best rb in the relegation zone bracket, in no time people know at least 6,7 players that play for burnley. Ask them to name 6,7 players that play for any club outside of atleti, real and barca. You'd be surprised

wat

Horatio

You're welcome
Exactly. Stupid way to get millions of younger people interested in premiership. Revenue growing, somehow some mid year relegation fixture has 20/30% more viewers then atletico- villareal game. Easy math

You think it has had that substantial of an impact? Don’t know many people that weren’t steadily watching EPL before playing fantasy. If EPL viewership is increasing I think it’s 99% simply because it is most exciting league and other leagues have digressed and big name players opt more to play in EPL.

Birdy

Conspiracy crap at its best

Kul_z

You think it has had that substantial of an impact? Don’t know many people that weren’t steadily watching EPL before playing fantasy. If EPL viewership is increasing I think it’s 99% simply because it is most exciting league and other leagues have digressed and big name players opt more to play in EPL.

Google told me there are 10 million users of fantasy. Put that number on top of what you said and then decide for yourself. And yes, i really think that has that much of an impact, because people suddenly have interest in watching/checking all the games. Not just bookie's, although is pretty similar

stb_1

Just a massive talent drain. La Liga full of old players past their prime (minus big 3). All the young talents get plucked away.

English (British) countries are producing good players at the moment too (Saka, Foden, Rice, James) which they werent always doing before.

PL has taken two of the best Spanish managers too in the past 3 months.

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

Very true about fantasy football attracting new fans.
The NFL has had similar success with its fantasy leagues and almost every weekend, or Monday at the office you have people discussing how their fantasy team did. Some people who hardly follow the sport just join in on a fantasy league for fun, but pretty soon they get invested and are watching more of the games. Weekend games become event viewing.

Messi983

Sociedad are in a prime position to be taken over by a billionaire, well ran club, new stadium, solid squad, probably little debt, but instead they go for Newcastle, freaking EPL.

No way Sociedad fans would allow to sell the club to a foreign owner.

Tbh I think most fans of Spanish clubs would be against suggar daddies knowing what's going on with Valencia under Peter Lim and what happened with Malaga. Almeria is doing ok with Turki Al-Sheikh but looks like their plan is more longterm trying to establish themselves as midtable team and selling best players (like Darwin and Sadiq) for profit every year rather than building a CL team over the night like it happened with Malaga who have brought some proven players like Van Nistelrooy, Cazorla, Toulalan, Baptista and (back then) one of the biggest Spanish talents Isco.

But Tebas rules are just holding clubs back even those who could/would want to spend more. Take Valladolid as example. I'm sure Ronaldo has enough money he would be willing to invest in the club and make them at least competitive for European spots (in current state of the league) instead of being in the relegation zone. But he can't really do much with strict La Liga financial rules.

Home of Barca Fans