La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Morten

Looks like these fuckers are gonna get that CL spot eventually...
Too bad.
Betis deserved this 100 times more

Atletico gets more point so they earned their spot, Betis didn't have enough to do it in the end, what is there for Betis to "deserve", exactly?

Last edited:

Catta

Why are you so against Atleti in the CL. Its not like they will play Barca there, and I would rather watch the likes of Bayern, Liverpool, etc. sweat when facing them, than watch them toy and destroy the likes of Betis.

Better for La Liga if Atleti is in the CL.

Messi983

Is there really a big difference in prize money for 2nd compared to 3rd?

Its' more about qualifying for the Supercopa really. Difference in prize money between finishing 2nd or 4th in in La Liga is "only" 6m but 2nd spot also guarantees Barca 8m just to go to Saudi Arabia and could be up to 12m if we win Supercopa. So a total difference could be 18m (for Barca at least, AM or Sevilla would get less money for participating in Supercopa).

We will also receive almost 50m just by qualifying for the CL so it's clear why we couldn't miss out on a top 4 finish.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/dinero-barca-asegura-billete-champions-13627598

E: It says Supercopa de Europa in article but it's clearly meant Spanish Supercup.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Atletico are levels above Betis and should compete for the title under normal circumstances with the squad they have. Their defense is atrocious tbh, but Madrid are not that special. Atletico need to upgrade their CBs and RBs. Instead, they are extending Felipe. I have no idea how Simeone is content with him after years of Godin and Miranda. I am leaning towards Simeone being finished with Atletico as well tbh, his attacking ideas are really lacking lately. He needs a break IMO, or a new team. And Atleti need to move to more expansive football. Still, they scored 60 goals in the league, just 5 fewer than Barca (RM has 73). Betis has 57. Evidently, defense is their problem right now because it is hard to grind out the classic 1-0/2-0 results with bums like Felipe, Savic and Vrsaljko fucking up all the time

Birdy

Atletico gets more point so they earned their spot, Betis didn't have enough to do it in the end, what is there for Betis to "deserve", exactly?

The schedule fucked them up, that's what I meant.
They played Barca needing a win, and before that Getafe and Elche fighting for their lives.
While Atleti played the strongest LL opponent in the most indifferent game possible, and is playing Elche now when they are saved from relegation.

Had Atleti played RM even 1 week ago, and Elche when Betis played them, and had Betis played Barca last matchday and Elche now,
things might have been very different

serghei

Why are you so against Atleti in the CL. Its not like they will play Barca there, and I would rather watch the likes of Bayern, Liverpool, etc. sweat when facing them, than watch them toy and destroy the likes of Betis.

Better for La Liga if Atleti is in the CL.

You're asking for too much logic here :lol:.

Morten

Got to keep the squad match-fit, so this one and next game its fine playing a decent squad, but the last game against Betis is too close to the final, so there we need to play the reserves.

Messi983

Looks like Diego Martinez to Espanyol is close. I think he's a very talented coach but this would be a bad decision imo, at least this early in the summer. He had a sabatical year and could wait for a few more weeks to get a better job, especially with some doubts about Lopetegui staying at Sevilla (Marcelino could leave Bilbao too to replace Lucho as NT coach after WC). Especially with him being a former Sevilla B coach and doing a good job with Granada he could be high on Monchi's list of possible Lopetegui's replacements.

El Gato

Villarato!
Betis doing guard of honour for RM for the league and RM doing it for Betis for the Copa one after the other tonight

Morten

Carlo said something earlier about wanting Bale to play one last game, but its fitting he has "back injury" again, oh well, finally it's over.

Home of Barca Fans