La Liga 2018/19

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

FinBarcelonafan

You realize Cristiano had 4 LaLiga goals until mid-January?

I mean, we used to troll him for scoring less goals than Paulinho lol.

The majoirty of RM's players are very inconsistent, hence winning 2 LaLigas in 2010s.

But as soon as there's Champions League, they often shows up.

They've been incredibly lucky in CL. It's easy to be lucky over 2 games but not in 38..

Morten

The majoirty of RM's players are very inconsistent, hence winning 2 LaLigas in 2010s.

Other than the bad spell last autumn, i think its unfair to blame our inconsistency in the league on CR, who was easily our most consistent player.
Not even attempting to replace him was, and still is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Morten

One thing that really bothers me, is how we never can defend properly as a team over 90 minutes.
When you look at Barca, even when things arent clicking, they rarely concede goals(this season is the exception), so they grind out wins/draws on a bad day.
It goes beyond Messi, they simply look more coherent and drilled as a unit than we do.

I want some proper structure in the team, not getting overun whenever we dont find the scoresheet.

El Gato

Villarato!
One thing that really bothers me, is how we never can defend properly as a team over 90 minutes.

90? Solari even highlighted the issue in the presser an hour ago.. It's not 90 when we can't even regularly start well. About 6-8 games this season, most of them away with one Levante, we've gone behind in the first 20 minutes via an individual mistake in some capacity. If we can't break that dynamic, which we seemed to have attempted to do when Marcelo was out, then I don't think this is rescuable.

Morten

90? Solari even highlighted the issue in the presser an hour ago.. It's not 90 when we can't even regularly start well. About 6-8 games this season, most of them away with one Levante, we've gone behind in the first 20 minutes via an individual mistake in some capacity. If we can't break that dynamic, which we seemed to have attempted to do when Marcelo was out, then I don't think this is rescuable.

I know we cant defend for 45, let alone 90.
My point is, in the absence of great attackers, we have do start doing something about team structure, collective defending and all that.
We always concede lots of goals, but now we dont score that much, we have to do things diffirently.

serghei

Yea, but even in CL they don't always show up. Plenty of bad games that they survived through luck, referee errors, gifts from the other teams etc.

henias

Sevilla top of the table, ladies and gentlemen. Shows how shit the usual top 3 teams are. :lol: Doubt any spanish team would smell the CL this season.

TrueCule

The rule of the thumb in CL in the last few seasons is the teams that start the season badly pick up their momentum in the Spring when the knockout round of the CL begins. Real were a laughing stock last 2 seasons in this time of the year and yet they managed to step up their game when it mattered. It's all part of EV's plan, that is not to finish la liga title's decision too early so that the team stays competitive and sharp. If we decided la liga , we wouldn't have any more competetive match till Spring, which would lead to another Roma imo. But not this season, EV has learned from his mistakes.

henias

The rule of the thumb in CL in the last few seasons is the teams that start the season badly pick up their momentum in the Spring when the knockout round of the CL begins. Real were a laughing stock last 2 seasons in this time of the year and yet they managed to step up their game when it mattered. It's all part of EV's plan, that is not to finish la liga title's decision too early so that the team stays competitive and sharp. If we decided la liga , we wouldn't have any more competetive match till Spring, which would lead to another Roma imo. But not this season, EV has learned from his mistakes.

Wow really! :lol: Didnt know that. Mastermind indeed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Home of Barca Fans