Kylian Mbappé

SmilerBam

Comparing Mbappe to Ronaldo at the same age is clearly bad for Donatello, he is an inferior player in every aspect, maybe besides speed. Comparing him to Messi at 24 is just...pure stupidity. However, comparing Haaland to Mbappe is also stupid, Haaland is just a goalscorer. A great one, yeah, but was ever Van Nisterlooy the best player in the world? No. This comparison just shows how bad this new generation of footballers is.

Jair Ventura

Because Social Media has way more users today than it had when CR7 was 24 and Football has a larger audience today than it had when CR7 was 24. That's natural given the population progression and the natural Sport watching demographic increament.

Mbappe has a long way to go in order to reach CR7 levels of fame and status. Even clueless Yankee chics who fawn over shit like Vampire Diaries know who Cristiano Ronaldo is and recognise him by face.

Ligue 1 will never allow Mbappe to penetrate the Asian and North American markets. PL has insane hold over these markets while La Liga has the Latin American markets. Stop being so naive and pedantic.

I empathize with your annoyance and irritation regarding this and I agree that some people go overboard in this respect but let's acknowledge the elephant in the room.

The elephant in the room is that he?s already achieved global icon status without ever having left France. That?s the reality of the conversation. Despite all your conjecture, theorizing, and hypothesis? he?s already an icon, the biggest player of his generation by far, and a greater star than any player in the UK or Spain.

Edit: If he played in Italy or Germany I may agree with you, as no one cares about those clubs.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

The elephant in the room is that he?s already achieved global icon status without ever having left France. That?s the reality of the conversation. Despite all your conjecture, theorizing, and hypothesis? he?s already an icon, the biggest player of his generation by far, and a greater star than any player in the UK or Spain.

If he goes to Real or Barca, he'll have 3 times more followers than what he has now.

SmilerBam

Why don?t any Barca or Real players have 3x as many followers than him as we speak?

I don't watch this nonsense popularity followers shit. Idk how many Mbappe has. I just know Messi and Ronaldo are far ahead. Well, who are the players at Barca and Real to challenge Mbappe in popularity? Nowadays, is Gen Z who probably is the most invested in this kind of nonsense, so of course they would go the best player of their generation.

Jair Ventura

I don't watch this nonsense popularity followers shit. Idk how many Mbappe has. I just know Messi and Ronaldo are far ahead. Well, who are the players at Barca and Real to challenge Mbappe in popularity? Nowadays, is Gen Z who probably is the most invested in this kind of nonsense, so of course they would go the best player of their generation.

To put his following into context, he has 4x as many followers as Haaland currently. He?s not at Messi or Ronaldo level yet, but he?s far and away the biggest player of his generation.

iniestaGOAT

To put his following into context, he has 4x as many followers as Haaland currently. He?s not at Messi or Ronaldo level yet, but he?s far and away the biggest player of his generation.

Interesting. Haalands insta numbers are pathetic compared to mbappe despite PL tax

Kul_z

One thing is sure, if qsg goes out in r16 that might be mbappe's last european showing for them, same as jair's showing on forum.

JohnN

Why the hell are we discussing social media follower stats? That is irrelevant really.
Staying at PSG doesn't do any good for his legacy except if they manage to win CL. Not because of the League strength, but because of the club history and status. PSG are not one of the top tier clubs (status wise) and will not be until they manage to win a european trophy.

Home of Barca Fans