Kylian Mbappé

El Gato

Villarato!
The outstanding man was Angel Di Maria. Mbappe has done nothing beside scoring a tap-in.

That is pure bullshit. Watch the game again.

Not even to mention Atalanta and Leipzig games not too long ago, which most naysayers (who just want to actively not see the class things he does on the pitch just because Madrid were after him for 2 years) disregard on the convenient coronaCL basis. Standard selective memory.

Bulgroz

Don't waste your time, Wolfe. That dude's name is "fati future ballon d'or". I mean don't get me wrong, Fati is promising, but if he had done half the stuff Mbappe has already done, people here would absolutely lose their shit. But Mbappe seems Madrid bound so all of a sudden he's an overhyped pace merchant :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
The CL knockout thing being the chief argument consistently brought up is quite telling. My man KingLeo is one thing, but the other lot? Lol. Really hard not to respond with banter clips of another kind of knockout Mbappe played in 2018, one that I think Barca fans will remember very well, in response to this 'muh he doesn't perform on the big stage' line of thinking. I guess they wake up every night hoping that at RM he's gonna be this Bale kind of flop that will do sod all if not given an opportunity to play counterattack style for majority of the match. Makes you wonder sometimes how much of his football they actively block out every time they watch him play :lol:

mc_lovin

I dont think we need to pretend to be in awe about him right now. Watching some highlight videos of his games vs Atalanta/Leipzig/United (who lack context to be fair) and the same two things stand out (as always):
1) His pace.
2) How out of control he looks.

That being said, hes still a worldclass player and will be a major success for Madrid. Hes just not a generational talent for me (as of now).

El Gato

Villarato!
^
which is because highlights focus on his pace as that's the most 'flashy' aspect of his game and why idiots jump on it as the argument as to why he'll flop, because they think that's all he's got. Watch the Dortmund 2020 away one and you'll see more than that for instance. Or better yet if one wants to fully comprehend twhy he's more than a pace merchant, rewatch the games without paying attention to the difference in pace between him and most defenders, and focus on the moment he picks the run or his ability to turn under pressure.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

That is pure bullshit. Watch the game again.

Not even to mention Atalanta and Leipzig games not too long ago, which most naysayers (who just want to actively not see the class things he does on the pitch just because Madrid were after him for 2 years) disregard on the convenient coronaCL basis. Standard selective memory.

He had missed many chances and had many misplaced passes. WTF you are saying he was EXCELLENT. If Messi would have done the same people would say he had a bad match. All in all I would rate this performance average.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Don't waste your time, Wolfe. That dude's name is "fati future ballon d'or". I mean don't get me wrong, Fati is promising, but if he had done half the stuff Mbappe has already done, people here would absolutely lose their shit. But Mbappe seems Madrid bound so all of a sudden he's an overhyped pace merchant :lol:

Oh yeah because the names are always 100% serious, stupid comment :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I dont know what people are seeing in him, in Monaco he was a special player but since PSG his most goals are against small teams in farmer league. I want to see a knockout match which he decides with his goals and assists like many, many great players did. He has the potential to become one of the best but so far I dont see much of it.

Mitchell1978

I dont think we need to pretend to be in awe about him right now. Watching some highlight videos of his games vs Atalanta/Leipzig/United (who lack context to be fair) and the same two things stand out (as always):
1) His pace.
2) How out of control he looks.

That being said, hes still a worldclass player and will be a major success for Madrid. Hes just not a generational talent for me (as of now).

nah, he's a generational talent just like Neymar and Haaland, and Messi and Ronaldo before them.

But talent alone doesn't guarantee becoming an all time great, Neymar will probably never get there.

El Gato

Villarato!

He had missed many chances and had many misplaced passes. WTF you are saying he was EXCELLENT. If Messi would have done the same people would say he had a bad match. All in all I would rate this performance average.

Prime example of what I said in the previous post lol

I counted 3 misplaced passes in that highlight video:
- at 0:43 outside of his boot where he was under pressure from 2 defenders and had to 'get rid'
- backheel at 2:30 which didn't work but was the right idea
- cross at 2:47

Also whoscored says he had 86% accuracy (26 of 30 successful)
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...18-2019-Manchester-United-Paris-Saint-Germain

Plenty of lovely turns as well.

Standard confirmation bias mate. You've already decided you don't remember a good game from him and you'll do your worst to try and prove that idea.
Watch the damn game.

Bulgroz

If he's not a generational talent, who is, and what more than Mbappe have they done to prove it? Who, right now, has been a major element in a major win with his NT, has played a major role in his (Monaco, 2nd tier team at best) team reaching the CL semis, and has played a CL final? Yes, I know, he missed a huge chance in that final. No one is arguing he's already the best player in the world, not even PSG fans. He's still very young. But he has already achieved a lot more than any youngster out there. And by a huge fucking margin.

Morten

If he's not a generational talent, who is, and what more than Mbappe have they done to prove it? Who, right now, has been a major element in a major win with his NT, has played a major role in his (Monaco, 2nd tier team at best) team reaching the CL semis, and has played a CL final? Yes, I know, he missed a huge chance in that final. No one is arguing he's already the best player in the world, not even PSG fans. He's still very young. But he has already achieved a lot more than any youngster out there. And by a huge fucking margin.

Oh, sure he did well for his NT, but bringing up international football is not really fair.
Take Haaland, who is often compared with Mbappe, he isnt going to accomplish anything with his NT in his lifetime, because he plays for Norway.

So, when you talk about Mbape accomplishing more than any other at his age, remember that he plays for France, a top 3 nation in football.

mc_lovin

Its a vague term, but for me there are two distinctions: a) worldclass (guys like Etoo, Henry epc pp) and b) generational (both Ronaldos, Messi, Ronaldinho etc pp). Mbappe belongs in the first category (which is still massive).

Edit: On ability alone, I dont care for achievements.

Home of Barca Fans