Kevin-Prince Boateng

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Hoping for him to score a goal along the way. Maybe an important one against a minor team in the league. Would be nice if he could contribute something during his time here.

George_Costanza

I don't understand complaints about Prince. As I've said before there were limited options in January if we were looking for:

1.) a veteran player who wouldn't cost too much because we are clearly planning to buy a younger forward in summer. This eliminates the likes of Stuani (15M buyout clause) and Bakambu (he has astronomical wages in China and probably his club would also demand relatively high loan fee).

2.) a player with experience from La Liga who could adapt quickly (which is understandable). This eliminates a player like Giroud who has never played in La Liga and (most likely) doesn't speak Spanish.

3.) someone who would accept his role as a bench player. Morata doesn't fit this criteria.

So in the end I think our only realistic options from the names we were considering (according to Catalan media at least) were F. Llorente, Lucas Perez and Vela.

I think we could maybe get Llorente but then Kane got injured and there was no way Tottenham would let him go.

Perez would probably be even a worse option than Prince as he has barely played this season.

And LAFC didn't want to let Vela go on loan which is totally understandable because he's a key player for them.

So I don't blame the club for bringing Prince in January but they've fu**** up last summer. Ideally we would sell both Paco and Munir and bought a new striker then, whether a younger talent or an experienced cheap backup (we could possibly get Llorente last summer). But we didn't have any backup plan after Griezmann has decided to stay in Madrid.

Otherwise I would keep Paco over Munir because he's a better player and I think he would do his job when given a chance like he did last year. We could also capitalise on a good season Munir had at Alaves and got maybe 5-6M. Instead we were asking for unrealistic 15-20M which we obviously didn't get.

But if we have decided to keep Munir we should've renewed his contract for a season or two and not let him get into situation when he could negotiate with other clubs and then being surprised when he decided to leave after not playing at all. I'm not rating Munir (I actually like KPB more) but if we would extend his contract and play him sometimes (especially when Messi was injured earlier in the season) we could keep him until the end of the season and still get that 1M. Instead we were desperate to look for forwards in a very limited market.

Yeah, sign a midflider to back up a striker, great idea.

raskolnikov

Yeah at this point he is a glorified tourist on the bench. He can play against huesca for all I care. La liga is basically done anyway so he can make an appearance every now and then.

God Serena

With every game that this guy fails to so much as make the bench, the people who defended this waste of money look more and more idiotic.

FCBfan22

Highlights (if they can be called that).

-Shooting 15 meters over the crossbar from around the penalty spot.

-Switching the play to another stadium with an uncontested cross field pass.

-Constantly being offside.

-Killing every attack.

-Falling over every time he recieved the ball.

Home of Barca Fans