Julián Araujo (loaned to Las Palmas)

xXKonan

From the Highlights I've watched, he's fast but also super rusty which is expected as he hasn't played other than international friendlies for the last 6 months or so.

Grew into the game as time went on but not a lot to take from this friendly to make any judgment either way.

xXKonan

Needs to work hard during preseason to convince Xavi that he actually has a place on this team in some shape or form but going by how he played even if he was rusty you could tell he's picked up on some stuff Xavi wants out of his Fullbacks from training with the first team.

Before he switched to Mexico, there was a tier list on USA RBs a couple of years ago in terms of young RBs.

1. Dest
2. Cannon
3. Reynolds
4. J. Araujo.

Funny how Dest, Cannon, and Reynolds are all in development hell right now as two years ago it was a bit different. It actually would be hilarious if Julian actually manages to forge himself an actual career here in comparison to Dest.

Messi983

Ofc still a work in progress and ideally we should loan him but would prefer to give him a chance over paying 30-40m for likes of Pavard or Foyth.

Although Sport came out today with a brilliant idea we'll loan Cancelo for a season before buying Vanderson in 2024. I wonder what could go wrong with this plan. :lol:

xXKonan

No point in even wasting money on Pavard, the guy does not want to play RB anymore and wants to be a full-time CB.

Wouldn't be surprised if Vanderson gets snapped up this summer by an EPL team.

Messi983

He's starting against Panama now.

Good to get some minutes at the end of the season after not playing for months.

Messi983

I've just realized Gold Cup starts next week so if Mexico goes far (should get to semifinals tbh) he'll probably miss a lot of preseason which is not really a good news.

khaled_a_d

I've just realized Gold Cup starts next week so if Mexico goes far (should get to semifinals tbh) he'll probably miss a lot of preseason which is not really a good news.
Why would he? It ends on 16th of July and first preseason game on 22nd of July. He might get few days of rest and then comes back.
He already had his full rest in January, and he didn't play games in forever, it is like many South/Latin Americans who essentially play a continues year and half when they move to Europe.

Messi983

Players usually get at least two weeks off after big international tournaments. He might want to come back sooner to fight for his spot in the team though.

Home of Barca Fans