Julián Araujo (loaned to Las Palmas)

Porque

So far he is holding his own in LaLiga. Didn't have an easy opponent yesterday in Savio who is a tricky individual dribbler.

Looks a mid/lower level talent. Maybe a low cost backup for next season when Roberto goes?

I guess if you could compare him to anyone so far, it would be... a less talented Dest but with more focus and tactical understanding. I think he would look out of his depth here though.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Can't see him turning out to be anything more than a quick flip, if he doesn't turn out to be a proper bum.

xXKonan

Well, it's a good sign that he's starting games for Las Palmas and that Pimienta currently trusts him and his current abilities.

When I say that even if he doesn't be more than just a backup for us, he at least will have a future in Europe. Because watching him in MLS I thought that would be his ceiling and he would be a lifer over there.

But if he keeps it up and improves he'll have options even if he isn't a long-term option for us.

khaled_a_d

He has lost his starting place to Alex Suarz and will be interesting to see if he can get it back.
I don't think he is good enough to be solid back up but he is better than putting kids here and we can't afford to sign new players.
So it kind of make sense to get him back tbh

Messi983

He has lost his starting place to Alex Suarz and will be interesting to see if he can get it back.

Didn't really lose his spot, he was suspended for 4 games for headbutting opponent in Copa. Has served his suspension now and returned in last game.

TheStig

We have Fort, does it make sense to get Julian back in the summer? They are both probably good enough for a backup and neither for a starting role.

Porque

Get him back, have the new coach get a look at him.

But ultimately likely gets sold or rolled into a deal by end of window. For example Aleix Garcia if Girona make the CL and can't use Couto anymore.

khaled_a_d

We have Fort, does it make sense to get Julian back in the summer? They are both probably good enough for a backup and neither for a starting role.

Fort isn't anywhere ready for 1st team, like at all.
Araujo is legit Liga player, honestly both shouldn't be in the same comparison at all.
Fort should spend one more season time in B team then go on loan.

Home of Barca Fans