Juan Miranda

JamDav1982

Particularly with Grimaldo and Cucu.

For Miranda, he had opportunities but it was too early for him and he was extremely bad. Then had two bad loans at Marseille and Shalke. Someone saw something in him too early without considering the mental aspect. We should have gone slower and moved him to a lower LaLiga side then or even better in hindsight, a solid upper-mid Segunda team who would not be struggling in a relegation dogfight.

Opposite for me.

Far too much is made of 'bad loan' deals hampering players.

The best players have to fight and come through situations they come up against. Too many pampered, nice, quiet la masia players that seem to wilt when outside Barca or get to first team.

Would rather more of them go out on loan and to teams not ideal 'Barca copies' as by that point it is more about the mental aspect and fighting way through at a mans level and not going to some team which passes the ball a lot and suits them on side of game should already have shown good enough.

FC433

Ferran Martinez now reporting Barca won't extend his contract so he'll join Betis on a free but we'll have a % of future sale.
The % has to be at least 60, otherwise, that was a poor decision. I rate him, and I think he is a good player.

Bobo32

Particularly with Grimaldo and Cucu.

For Miranda, he had opportunities but it was too early for him and he was extremely bad. Then had two bad loans at Marseille and Shalke. Someone saw something in him too early without considering the mental aspect. We should have gone slower and moved him to a lower LaLiga side then or even better in hindsight, a solid upper-mid Segunda team who would not be struggling in a relegation dogfight.

I don't remember his games, was it preseason?
It has been tough for them with Alba there, but at the same time it has been a perfect opportunity to have a promising player get the few minutes that are left over here and there and not rush them...
I also think training with Barcelona A continually is underrated by many - playing with and against Messi every day must be priceless for development. Of course game time is needed as well.

Instead of Digne and Firpo etc I think these three all should've had at least one season as the clear backup in the first squad before the club decided to sell them.

Porque

Opposite for me.

Far too much is made of 'bad loan' deals hampering players.

The best players have to fight and come through situations they come up against. Too many pampered, nice, quiet la masia players that seem to wilt when outside Barca or get to first team.

Would rather more of them go out on loan and to teams not ideal 'Barca copies' as by that point it is more about the mental aspect and fighting way through at a mans level and not going to some team which passes the ball a lot and suits them on side of game should already have shown good enough.

That's a good point. Can't argue with that. On one hand we can separate the chalk from the cheese quickly and find who has the mentality and ability to make it here and who doesn't.

On the other hand there are talents that take a bit more time and should be nurtured to both develop and increase their transfer value. Afterall we seem to be giving Miranda away right now so won't make anything after 2 seasons out on loan. For example we let Cuenca go for a nominal fee to Villarreal who themselves directly loaned him to Almeria- where he is having a good season. Let's see if he comes back as a good LaLiga player for them or if they sell him for a profit. Either way it was a move by them that gave them more upside than ourselves
[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION]

Season 2018/2019. 2 full Copa games and a CL game. Also pre-season where he was poor too.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/juan-miranda/leistungsdaten/spieler/341227/plus/0?saison=2018

JamDav1982

That's a good point. Can't argue with that. On one hand we can separate the chalk from the cheese quickly and find who has the mentality and ability to make it here and who doesn't.

On the other hand there are talents that take a bit more time and should be nurtured to both develop and increase their transfer value. Afterall we seem to be giving Miranda away right now so won't make anything after 2 seasons out on loan. For example we let Cuenca go for a nominal fee to Villarreal who themselves directly loaned him to Almeria- where he is having a good season. Let's see if he comes back as a good LaLiga player for them or if they sell him for a profit. Either way it was a move by them that gave them more upside than ourselves
[MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION]

Season 2018/2019. 2 full Copa games and a CL game. Also pre-season where he was poor too.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/juan-miranda/leistungsdaten/spieler/341227/plus/0?saison=2018

Barca got offered money for Cuenca at time needed and retained the possibility of getting him back fairly easily if goes on to do well.

Ideally likes of him and anyone that is too good for B team should be sent out on loan much sooner.

Puig/Collado etc are in their early 20s and barely experienced first team football. Players at Barca can get over protected and shielded from what it takes to make the step to first team football level for too long in my opinion.

Messi983

It's 40% apparently.

Officially confirmed...

Juan Miranda se convierte de forma definitiva en jugador del Real Betis Balompi? tras llegar a un acuerdo con el FC Barcelona para su incorporaci?n a la disciplina verdiblanca. El jugador internacional firma un nuevo contrato con el Real Betis hasta el a?o 2024. El club catal?n se reserva el 40% de una futura venta del jugador.

26937.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Strange we couldn't get anything for him, but he's pretty average so I'm fine with it if it meant Emerson's transfer going through smoothly.

Messi983

I could be wrong and there were reports Miranda and Emerson operations are not connected (because it's easier to negotiate that way) but I think we might let Miranda go for free so Betis would lower % of a future sale they have for Emerson. But this would be a bad news as it would increase odds of us re-selling him this summer so hope to be wrong. We'll probably find out soon as there are rumours Emerson could be officially confirmed today.

In other news, Betis will try to offload Tello this summer, probably to Turkey and Barca will receive 50% of whatever fee they'll get. Probably won't be too much but every million is welcome in our current situation.

Andresito

Staff member
Miranda's initial contract had a clause where Barca could renew for 2 more years. This would in turn give Miranda a significant pay raise, even higher than some first team members.

Bartomeu made the same deal with both Oriol Busquets and Jandro Orellana. The promised wages are deemed too high now, which means Barca will have to negotiate a new contract from scratch instead of triggering the 2 year extensions.

Messi983

According to Sport Barca expect Miranda to renew with Betis to keep 50% of future sale. If Betis will let him go we could try to sign him.

vuji_31

According to Sport Barca expect Miranda to renew with Betis to keep 50% of future sale. If Betis will let him go we could try to sign him.

Nightmare.

One of the most untalented players I have ever seen.

He is young but plays already like Alonso.

Porque

He's improved but still not a good fit for our play. And I'm not getting into talent level either.

Don't think this one happens though to be honest. Just a lazy rumour.

But then we did sign Bellerin.

And Alves

JamDav1982

Could see it happening and then Valle loaned to La Liga team to continue his development.

Then Miranda punted and Valle into squad the following summer.

Could well be by next summer Faye is on verge of first team squad also which would be another option as a defensive LB to balance out Miranda being more of an attacking one.

Home of Barca Fans