Juan Manuel Mata

H

Haruko The Goon

Ridiculous transfer from Chelsea. But hey, that's not a first is it.

Unbiased United

2012/13- buy Arsenals player of the year.
2013/14- buy Chelsea's player of the year.

We're Man United, we do what we want!

Seriously though, this is a great...great, great start, but it is just a start, we still need a world class midfielder asap.... Get on that phone Woodward!

PhilS

Great signing for Man U, this should guarantee them a place in the top half of the league this year. No, Mata will not solve all the team's problems, there is a long, long list. They need to replace most of their rotation players before they can contend again.

I'd keep RVP, Rooney, Mata, and De Gea, Januzaj looks promising, Welbeck as a backup. All the rest should be for sale, it's past time to try something different.

Unbiased United

Great signing for Man U, this should guarantee them a place in the top half of the league this year. No, Mata will not solve all the team's problems, there is a long, long list. They need to replace most of their rotation players before they can contend again.

I'd keep RVP, Rooney, Mata, and De Gea, Januzaj looks promising, Welbeck as a backup. All the rest should be for sale, it's past time to try something different.

You're right to an extent, but I don't think anybody is thinking it will solve all our problems. I also keep saying it but it's sooo true, just getting back our key players playing regulary together will go a long way to solving our problems. I don't think most non United fans realise how bad injuries have been for us this year, it's been crippling, and as you say our squad players just aren't good enough. Also, you can add Jones, Smalling and Rafael to the keep pile.

ammarfcb

ze special one
big loss for chelsea, can't see it being a big win for man utd.

the fundamental tactics at man utd right now need to be altered more than anything. that's the priority, u can't carry the ball from the full backs in a counter. the full back instinctively can't play the ball to the midfield because any area and u give the opponent the perfect counter.

its insane how flawed man utd's tactics are and everyone comes out talking about 'confidence' and shit.

i don't say this as a man utd hater but a 4-4-2 formation is one that involves a few role decisions. at the moment the roles contradict what is actually being played

Last edited:
K

kingleo

big loss for chelsea, can't see it being a big win for man utd.

the fundamental tactics at man utd right now need to be altered more than anything. that's the priority, u can't carry the ball from the full backs in a counter. the full back instinctively can't play the ball to the midfield because any area and u give the opponent the perfect counter.

its insane how flawed man utd's tactics are and everyone comes out talking about 'confidence' and shit.

i don't say this as a man utd hater but a 4-4-2 formation is one that involves a few role decisions. at the moment the roles contradict what is actually being played

how is it a big loss for Chelsea? they just sold a bench warmer who has no future at the club for almost £40 million???

ammarfcb

ze special one
letucce be cereal. mata is ur best/2nd best player. just because mou benched him doesn't mean you have to mindlessly follow

K

kingleo

He is no where near as good as Hazard and Oscar has been much better then him this season! counter attacking football doesn't suit him, in this system he is no where near one of Chelsea's best players.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
you say that but Chelski have played Utd twice Utd will be stronger with Mata, if Arsenal and Man City drop points at Utd and Chelski win the league Jose will be hailed a genius
And if that leaves United stronger to return as serious title contenders next season, Jose will be ridiculed as a fool.

Home of Barca Fans